Have an annoying noise! Somebody help!! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Have an annoying noise! Somebody help!!

I have an 09 G6 GXP. Love the car!, But it has had such an annoying noise since day 1 and no garage can figure it out. They did find that a mounting bracket for my engine was broke and that was causing one of the noises, but sadly it wasn't the complete answer. I have no where else to turn so I figured it was worth asking..

It is not my shocks, or suspension because it doesn't do it when I hit a bump or go over railroad tracks.. Its a squeaking,. and only does it when I go over gravel or if i'm slowly accelerating, it must be something caused by vibration of my vehicle.. but what it is is beyond me. It sounds like its coming from the front passenger and at times sounds like the rear passenger. They took my breaks apart and cleaned them and I've had new ones on and that doesn't seem to be the issue. What I do know that may help: IT does NOT do it when it's raining or when their is moisture in the air.. It also did not do it ALL winter with the cold but now that it's summer it's back doing it again. I'm at my wits end, I'm about to trade in, even though I'd really rather not.

Please help! Thank you in advance =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 02:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
I know exactly what it is...... that stupid bracket that holds your E-brake cable.
check out this thread all the answers are here: Slight squeaking when going over slight bumps....

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Thank you soo much!!! I wasn't expecting such a fast reply, but after reading that thread it sounds so much like my same situation. I really hope it does the trick! Now if you had posted pictures of what this cable looks like i'd be golden to give it a try myself without hubs around. But without a pic im still going to try to tackle it. This has been so frustrating, I wish I would have posted sooner! I'll give a try and write back after I find out if it resolved the issue or not. yay =)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 04:02 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

check post #10 in that thread.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 04:30 PM

here ya go....from post #10

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

These cables and brackets are on both sides,. Should I grease them both?? I tried to shake them but I can't seem to reproduce the sound. And my luck it started raining out lol
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 05:37 PM

definitely do both sides, what i usually do is put some grease in there, move the cable around a little bit, then put a little more grease. It will eventually come back but ive gotten into the habbit of greasing it every time I rotate my tires.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Okay I've waited a few days,. and so far, NOOOO SQUEEK, no matter how hard I try! I'm going to wait it out a week or so and if this is the definite answer I'm going to make it my mission to contact all the mechanics I took it to and let them know for future reference so they can fix someone else's headache as well. Such an easy fix, cost 4 dollars for the lube. Amazing. Thank you so much, If I could I would kiss you! ((I'm a girl not a dude LOL))

Nowww I can fall in love with my car, not feel like I'm driving some POS and ride with noo music and listen to *silence* YES.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 09:29 AM

Nice!! Always glad to help a fellow 6er, that's what we're here for. After dealing with the problem for so long I know how nice it is to drive and not here that annoying squeek every time you go over a bump. And if I could I'd except a kiss. Haha.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 01:29 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Good call waterfowler76. I'm going to have to try to remember this one.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 02:37 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

That squeak drove me NUTS! I packed grease in there once and it's lasted through a complete winter with not a single sound!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.