2006 G6 GTP and failed front speed sensor - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy 2006 G6 GTP and failed front speed sensor

I have a 2006 G6 GTP with 10,400km on it and had to have the right front hub assembly replaced as the speed sensor quirt working causing the Trac light off, stabilitrack light off and ABS light to illuminate.

My question/comment is: How many others have had to replace such sensors on their G6's?? I bought it in December (06) and have only had it during the winter months here in northern BC (3 months now). I am pretty frustrated with these stupid sensors as i had an Olds Alero prior and had 7 hub assemblies replaced for the same reason (speed sensor failure)....

I had a 1999 Cav Z24 prior to the Alero with abs and traction assist and not once did i have to replace anything like a speed sensor on that car (and you'd think being that it is an entry level a problem like this would most likely show up in a small car like that).

Just curious if anyone has any insight as to why or how these things fail....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Club Six Speeeeeed

Send a message via MSN to Blackrider
Its the wheel sensor, not the speed sensor thats gone bad, the speed sensor is in the tranny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.