HELP! 2007 G6 Door Locks Going Nuts!!! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

HELP! 2007 G6 Door Locks Going Nuts!!!

So I just pulled into my job and the door locks went crazy. Locking and unlocking randomly multiple times. I had noticed before leaving that it wouldn't remote start but figured the key fob battery was low. I drove to work (no issues) and as soon as I pulled in it went crazy. Not sure what to do. Never had this happen before (original owner).

I'm loathe to take it to the GM dealership here as they charge $140 to even look at a problem. I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere but I couldn't find it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 07:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
sounds like a bad actuator.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Would that cause the remote start issue too?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 05:54 PM

Was it all four locks or just one?
If it is the actuator, they're fairly easy to replace. When I did mine, I think the dealer wanted $250 (Canadian) for an actuator, a part store was $130 and the wreckers were $30. I went with the wreckers.
Here's a video of how to do it.

As far as the remote start, I'd switch out the battery and see if it works again. That's the cheapest fix to start with. Did you drop it recently? They can be fairly sensitive.

2008 Pontiac G6 - 2.4-litre four cylinder engine - 165,000-kilometres
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 01:33 PM

Is it a factory remote start or aftermarket?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 08:31 AM

Doesn't sound like an actuator to me. If the actuator wasn't working or was struggling to lock or unlock then yes. This sounds more like a body control module problem. Something causing the actuator to cycle.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Okay so update...

Looks like it was the key fob. Pulled the battery from the original one (because apparently I'm dumb enough to not have though of that sooner) and the locking/unlocking stopped. Bought a new fob (and brought it to a locksmith (low low cost of $50) and it works again. Oddly though the "lock" dash light stays on while driving and chimes 3 times when I start the car. Is there some lock cycle I'm missing to correct this? Typically that dash light would only come on when I locked the door from the outside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.