P0016 and P0017 together-Crank sensor? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

P0016 and P0017 together-Crank sensor?

The fiancée's 08 Ecotec just had both variable timing solenoids replaced. After replacement, it still has P0016 and P0017 codes. A google search suggests the 2 in conjunction could be the crank position sensor. Does that sound reasonable? It's a relatively inexpensive part, so I don't mind taking a shot at it. My main concern changing it is in the Crankshaft Variation Relearn. I don't believe I'll have access to a TechII scanner (I have a couple friends that MAY have one), so I know that will have to be done by someone else. After sensor replacement but before the relearn, will I be able to drive the car a couple of miles to a shop to do the relearn?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 11:51 AM

I Replaced both of those and NO relearn was necessary, unless it just did it itself unknown to me....
One tip: DON"T buy then from Rockauto, VERY BAD experience!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

What issues did you have with RockAuto? Was it an issue with the part itself or with the service? I've ordered tons of parts from them and not had any issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.