Codes P0300 & P0641 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Codes P0300 & P0641

Hi Group,

Thank you in advance for your time and for any thoughts on what may be causing my problem.

Car: 2008 G6

Background: On Monday I went to start my car in the morning and the check engine light came on, the traction control light and the car went into low power mode. I believe I turned the car off and restarted it, but, still the same issue. I drove to work in lower power mode. Either driving home from work or the next morning, I still had the check engine light on, but, no low power or traction control light.

I went into the dealer on Wednesday and by that time the check engine light had gone off. He read the error codes and they were P0300 (engine misfire) and P0641 5 volt Reference 1 circuit.

He said it could be a number of things and my best bet would be to bring it in, when it is still in low power mode, if it does it again. Sure enough when I went to pick up my car, he used the remote start to get it ready for me and show it off, I got in, never even looked at the dash, and when I looked down, a mile down the road, the check engine light was on!!!! He assured me that he had cleared the codes and drove it for 25 miles, with no issue.

It probably could be a bunch of things, but, do you have any recommendations, on where to start (probably cheapest to most expensive). I will go fill up with 93 octane and put some fuel injector cleaner in, but, other ideas would be very much appreciated. Sadly I am not very car savvy and don't want to get bent over by the dealer.

Thank you!

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.