Any 2006 G6's with problems out there? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 377 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Saving for a Z06...

Any 2006 G6's with problems out there?

I have been reading most of the posts on here and the majority of problems/complaints are with 2005 model year G6's. Anyone notice anything wrong or abnormal with thier 2006 yet? I have about 1000KM's on my 06 GT and do not notice anything except that at freeway speeds I am getting the slight vibration that everyone is talking about. I am going to the dealer Monday to check the balance on all 4 tires, and to double check the tightining of the harmonic balancer, just in case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 377 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 08:43 AM
Former GP Owner

Send a message via AIM to Smockonallama
Yeah, I have the slight vibration on mine as well but that is it. I have had no other problems with mine yet at all.
post #3 of 377 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 08:49 AM
6 speed sickness.

Send a message via AIM to ~niKKi~
No problems here *knock on wood* heh.

'06 G6 GTP 6MT Sedan
::Redline Motorsport Member 013::
post #4 of 377 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 02:41 PM
MP2

I have a little over 3300 miles. I too think one of the tires is out of balance, but once it warms up it seems to go away.

Yesterday I closed the driver's side door and the reflector fell off, not a big deal and I can fix it myself. But annoying because I had a 97 Grand Am that had the same problem. Let's hope Pontiac doesn't go into the bycycle making business or those kiddies are in trouble at night.

I also had a unique smell when under a load like climbing up some of these 13% grade hills. I figured it was all that plastic under the hood 'breaking in'. Seems to have gone away.
post #5 of 377 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:35 PM

I have squeaking problem with my brake pads on my 2006 G6 Sedan going to dealer this saturday
post #6 of 377 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 08:53 PM

I have an 06 G6 GT with 33k on it, brake rotors, seatback releases both sides, right headlight peeled inside, blown rear speaker, a/c leak, passenger seat belt, and two chrome wheels peeling that the dealer won't make good. Is that enough?

Takin What They're Givin, Cause I'm Workin For A Livin
post #7 of 377 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metlmangreg View Post
I have an 06 G6 GT with 33k on it, brake rotors, seatback releases both sides, right headlight peeled inside, blown rear speaker, a/c leak, passenger seat belt, and two chrome wheels peeling that the dealer won't make good. Is that enough?
Wow! I was going to add but never mind

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #8 of 377 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 01:25 AM

I have came across a few G6s with blown rear speakers. What's with that?
post #9 of 377 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 07:37 AM

I have 17k on my 2006 G6 GT. No major issues, but the alignment seems get changed easily, slight vibration at highway speeds, slight brake vibration (might be warped - sudden brake to avoid deer), sometimes the speakers sound weird, Continental tires don't hold pressure well (one flat, one bulge), cheap components and paint (already fading), some suspension noises during the winter months, steering make some ticking noises during parking lot manuvers. Most of these I've read on other posts, so I don't see much improvement between 05 and 06.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT (3.5L V6)
2003 Chevrolet Impala LS (3.8L V6)
2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (5.7L V8)
post #10 of 377 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Lifetime Member

Man! I must say, I hope I don't start having the problems I'm hearing about. (knock, knock) So far the only problem I've experienced (G6 GT) is a clunking noise while turning the wheel and this is every so often. This is my third Pontiac and I am still quite pleased with their cars.

Mike
MODS;
post #11 of 377 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 03:56 PM

There's always a slight vibration at highway speed on my 2007. I have tried balancing the tires, alignments, etc but still no improvement. My other 10-year old car is still smooth and solid even at 100 mph.

I noticed an occasional loud pop on my speakers and thought the speakers might be blown, then I noticed it only happens when I am listening to the radio, especially AM. So I think it is most likely due to poor reception...they're not that good with the G6.
post #12 of 377 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslcom View Post
There's always a slight vibration at highway speed on my 2007. I have tried balancing the tires, alignments, etc but still no improvement.
What brand of tire? I bought some WalMart tires some years back and they were "OUT OF ROUND"! Goodyear tire; Go figure.

Mike
MODS;
post #13 of 377 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 04:40 AM

I don't know what brand. They're stock tires from the factory. There's also a grinding noise from the hubcaps. The dealers can't fix it after repeated tries.
post #14 of 377 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 12:37 PM

Just came back from the dealership for some steering noise (clunking) and a broken mirror cover (driver visor). Apparently the intermediate shaft needs to be replaced. I've had this problem a number of times with my 03 Impala and no solution yet (105,000 miles).

2006 Pontiac G6 GT (3.5L V6)
2003 Chevrolet Impala LS (3.8L V6)
2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (5.7L V8)
post #15 of 377 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 11:59 AM

Just bought my 2006 G6 Sedan a week ago. It's got 47,000 miles on it. I just started receiving this sticking / popping from my steering, especially at slow speeds. After reading some posts on here, I guess it's off to the dealership ASAP.....I hope this doesn't turn into something that drags on forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.