Key Fob remote problem SOLVED! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Key Fob remote problem SOLVED!

I finally found out why my remote keyless entry wasn't working. Everyone I talk to has problem with these dumb remotes. I tried replacing the battery. For one of the remotes I had to re-solder the battery terminal. But still the unlock and lock buttons didn't work, the other ones did. It turns out after a bit of searching on the web, that the actual rubber/metal contacts that touch the circuit board when you push the buttons were actually worn out. I tried to glue some foil to the buttons, they would work for a while but eventually come off. I ended up buying a small $10 pad that slides right inside the remote and fixes all the buttons. Its been 4 months and the remotes still work great. A couple of my friends have used them on other gm car remotes. The company that makes the pads is www.keylessfix.com . I thought i would post this since it seems like so many people have had the same problems with these remotes as I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 09:47 PM

Nice that looks awesome didnt even know that existed. Ill need to check it out.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 05:10 PM

One of my remotes was not working and the dealer said they had to clean the contacts in it (under warranty still) and its working fine now. So don't wait until your warranty expires get it fixed under warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.