Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Bad tire wear 09 GXP

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  shoboy07 
#1 ·
I bought 90,000 mile tires for my car a little over 2 years ago. They've only been used for 20,000 miles and the fronts are almost bald and make it impossible to drive in the rain. They've been rotated once at 10,000 miles and I'm about to take it back for another one. Why would they wear so bad in such a short period of time? The car itself just hit 73k miles. I'd just like to be prepared before I take it in for a rotation because I'm sure they will bring up the fact that the tires are trashed.

#4 ·
so because you neglected the car and didn't replace the ball joints when they were first starting to wear out, or inspected it when you bought it for anything worn out its the cars fault? just FYI every pothole you hit/ big bump in the road wears out ball joints and everything else in the suspension at a lot faster rate than a nice smooth road, now that you need new control arms I reccoment you get the newest Mevotech ones they are greasable

#5 ·
Just fyi, the car is certainly not neglected. I've had the car since new and it hasn't gone more than 20,000 miles at a time without being in the shop for something or another. Bad BCM (3 visits to get that figured out), headlight wiring burnt up, water pump leaking, twice for the heated seat element, and now lower ball joints. I understand parts do wear out but I had no other way of knowing until the tires started wearing like they did which was only noticed within the last few days.

#7 ·
I bought an extended warranty on the car and the company says the ball joints are covered. I contacted the closest dealership to me and am just waiting for them to check to make sure they deal with the warranty company. Otherwise I'm gonna have to drive it an extra 20 miles to the dealership I usually go to-I'd hate to drive it any further than I have to. I plan on having them check over the whole suspension-believe it or not the pamphlet I have on the warranty says it covers struts.

#9 ·
They ended up replacing both front lower control arms, the transmission lines that were leaking (something I didn't know about), and the electronic climate control (because it wasn't signaling the actuators to change from defrost). Here I am two months later and am getting a thud sound from the front end when accelerating from a stop (it only makes one thud until I come to a stop and take off again, sometimes after slowing down but not stopping and accelerating again). Wonder what it could be this time.....any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.