Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Rattling noise on gxp

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Tim.rich92 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 08 gxp, and within the last 2 weeks I've been hearing a rattling noise when I go to accelerate (but goes away when it hits the speed I need) and a rattling when I make left turns. Sometimes when I make a left turn really fast the car will make that dinging noise as if my seatbelt wasn't on or the door was open...but it has only happened only 3 times in the last few weeks that this has been happening. There is no light or notice that comes on the dash, just the dinging.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

#4 ·
This is going to sound weird but go get some lubricating spray. Look in your rear wheel wells where the brake lines are. You will see a grommet that is metal.. Spray it/soak it with the spray.. For whatever reason they rattle from the factory and there is actually a tcb about lubricating it. If you can't see what I am talking about I will take a picture. Or search "chirping" on this forum you will find it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.