Pontiac G6 Forum banner

2008 G6 GXP 2dr - Front license plate holder

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  AlexB 
#1 ·
Hi,

I've recently acquired a low mileage 2008 G6 GXP and will have to add a front license plate to it as my state requires.

I would rather have the original part rather than a third party after market plate holder.

If anyone has any info such as the part number or where it can be purchased, it would be very appreciated!

Thanks

#4 ·
I'm in Washington state. I've just read the law and it's not clear if it's mandatory to have a front plate or not, but I was told I would be given 2 plates.

In regards to having a front license plate, it is mandatory unless:
" (b) The Washington state patrol may grant exceptions to this subsection if the body construction of the vehicle makes compliance with this section impossible."

#3 ·
The part number is 25831822
You can find them on amazon and eBay and GMPartsDirect.com
Some dealers may even still have em in stock.
I found some OEM brackets on eBay for $28 just by searching G6 front license plate bracket.
Good luck and be sure to pay special attention that its straight lol

#5 ·
Thank you for the information.

It seems like the stock plate holder is the kind that would require screwing through the front bumper like most aftermarket kits... I was hoping it would be the kind that would screw horizontally in one of the lower air intake slots below the bumper or something like that.

I might look into one of those kits where the holder is screwed under the bumper and folds back to hide the plate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.