Pontiac G6 Forum banner

How many G6 GXP coupe were made?

38K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  daporras123 
#1 ·
Hi guys, how can I know how many G6 GXP were made? I haven't seen any around for the whole 2 years I've been driving my car.. (in Vancouver and Vancouver Island).. Any of you guys have a clue?

Reactions: 95463
#3 ·
I don't know how many G6 GXPs there are. Now that you mention it, I really don't know if I've seen any either.

I know the G8 GXPs were only sold in the states though. They only sold the GT and base model G8s here. I would have bought one if it was a GXP (and it had to be a white one lol).

#5 ·
Rare

Well I don't know how much faith I put into that VIN checker thing but this is my results...

"Vehicle: G-6 GT 4 DR NOTCHBACK
Year: 2005
Build Date: 2004-11-19

There are 2 2005 G-6 GT 4 DR NOTCHBACK vehicles (0.006%) matching your exact options list. There are 8 (0.025%) with at least as many options."

Now if any of that is true, my car is one of "3,407 with the 'Canadian' modification RPO codes." That means that "10.616%" of total G6 production went to Canada.

#6 ·
That VIN checker is cool. I found out that my car was made in Orion, MI and that there are 16,898 other vehicles matching the year/model (I suppose that includes the GT trim from what I can tell) and that only 1 other has a matching options list and 1 other has at least as many options. That's .006%. I knew when I told the insurance company that it would be hard to replace I wasn't joking lol Sweet

#7 ·
wow that's cool!! but it states my car as a g6 GTP.. however. it says this car is the only one with exact same options. it says there are 2300 g6 gxp made..(i don't really understand how to read it.. 221 of them (including my car) are Canadian car.. i want to know what number my car is tho..lol..anyways that was a great website! thanks to waterfowler76!

#10 ·
Cool Page, but I guess mine would be considered quite common.
Built: 8/17/05
Built that year & model: 79,535
Others just like mine: 181
287 with at least as many options.

I guess I will just have to work a bit to make it one of a kind.

#14 ·
That's really cool. There we 81,205 that year and of those:
There are 6 2008 G-6 SE1 4 DR NOTCHBACK vehicles (0.007%) matching your exact options list. There are 9 (0.011%) with at least as many options.

And it was made on my dads bday, but in 07 lol

Jocelyn

#19 ·
There was a black 08 GXP up for sale in my hometown. It was also fully loaded and they only wanted 17000 or something for it with less than 40,000 miles. A tempting, buy but I'm sticking with my GT. Black seems to be a common color for G6 GXP coupes because when I looked up online for any G6 GXP coupes for sale near my city, 10 popped up and seven of them were black.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.