Brake noise - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Brake noise

Hey guys, my first post. I been on Grandprixforums alot. I have had over a dozen of them, but a year ago I ended up buying a 08 g6 coupe.

There has not been very many problems in the 20K miles i have had it. It just hit 103K miles.

I ended up putting around 600$ into the suspension, a whole front end, brakes everything but the cv axles and the inner tie rods.

My problems came about around 1k miles after the work.

I ended up putting the brake rotors that were supposed to be the non abs model. I bought a new set of brake pads and rotors, put them on. They squeek alot! Its not so bad once i get a couple miles down the road, but if i dont push the brakes in over 1/3-1/2 way down, i get squeeks constantly.

I did not add brakes quiet to it, the rest stuff. I also forgot to re-lube the pins and once i did the brakes i hit the brake pedal and the car pulled to left very hard.

My problem is, will adding brake quiet and re loobing the slider pins on all 4 tires fix it? I got the correct pads+rotors this time, i think they were 11.65 size.

I want to get this done before I bring my car in to do the fluids. I hate doing fluids, and gaskets. Everything else i love doing. I also get this weird clunking noise when going slow over bumps. No noise at highway speeds, or even over 20 MPH. Its not loud, just a very faint clunking noise like the sway bar links are loose.

Im going to be working on it on monday. Figured someone here would be able to tell me if i am on the right track for the brakes. Going to cost me roughly 180$ to do OEM brakes on it if the pads+rotors are the problem for some reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

I should also say, that it has been 8K miles since the brakes were done. They started making the noise in less than 100 miles after doing it. I thought they would quit, but it seems to be getting louder and more constant. I am a guy that wants his vehicle at 100% and it bugs me when something is wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.