G6 TCM Codes Need Help!!! [Archive] - Pontiac G6 Forum

: G6 TCM Codes Need Help!!!

MyGirlHasaG6
09-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Hey Guy N Gals,
I am here trying trying to find help for a friend who can't pass inspection because of these 2 trouble codes p0700 and u0073.
I have tried to research these 2 codes and while I have found out what they mean I have yet to find anything that says how to fix it.
I am hoping someone on this forum may know something about this issue and how to fix it.
Can I clear the codes and have her pass for a sticker?
Any Help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks Very Much in Advance!!!!!!!!

greenman
09-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Hey Guy N Gals,
I am here trying trying to find help for a friend who can't pass inspection because of these 2 trouble codes p0700 and u0073.
I have tried to research these 2 codes and while I have found out what they mean I have yet to find anything that says how to fix it.
I am hoping someone on this forum may know something about this issue and how to fix it.
Can I clear the codes and have her pass for a sticker?
Any Help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks Very Much in Advance!!!!!!!!

Year, engine & mileage?

greenman
09-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Has she had any starting problems?

Service Information 2008 Pontiac G6 | G6 (VIN Z) Service Manual | Document ID: 2324430
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#PIC4677C: No Start No Crank Intermittently / No Communication Over High Speed LAN - keywords connector inop inoperative lamp light loose message on onstar U0121 U0101 U2100 U1040 P0700 P2544 U0073 VCIM warning - (Aug 10, 2009)

Subject: No Start No Crank Intermittently/No communication over High Speed LAN

Models: 2008-2010 Chevrolet Malibu

2006-2010 Pontiac G6

2007-2010 Saturn AURA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superseded to update model years. Please discard PIC4677B.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
A customer may have a complaint of an intermittent no start, no crank condition, and or SES light on with I/P gauges intermittently inoperative while driving. Any of the following DTCs may be accompanied with this complaint. U0121, U0101, U2100, U104, P0700, P2544, U0073

Recommendation/Instructions:
Before beginning to deep dive into any diagnostics first (If equipped) check the VCIM module (Onstar) connector C3 (Black) to be sure that it has been fully seated. This connector has been increasingly showing up as the root cause for loss of HIGH speed LAN concerns.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a ""do-it-yourselfer"". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

2011 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.

MyGirlHasaG6
09-29-2011, 07:30 PM
it IS a 2008 and does have roughly 70,000+ miles on it currently.
Oddly enough BOTH times she went to get an inspection sticker the car " all of a sudden" wouldn't start and has NEVER done this as far as I know.
I read through what you posted briefly,is there a recall would you happen to know?
Thank You VERY much for all of your help!!!!

greenman
09-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Firstly, that bulletin assumes the car has the onstar module. If it does, check the onstar module C3 connector to be sure it's fully seated. PM me with an email address for the how-to.

The p700 code tells you the tranny control module has found a control failure that affects vehicle emissions.

The u73 code tells you there a communication problem somewhere on the GMLAN bus.

If it's not the onstar connector, it's most likely you will need a dealer to find the problem.