High pitch whistle on acceleration [Archive] - Pontiac G6 Forum

: High pitch whistle on acceleration

Talldarkhndsm37
08-23-2010, 01:35 PM
I have a '07 G6 GT that I inherited from my 87 y/o grandfather when he past away in January. Yes, it's red because what other color would an 87 year old man drive. Within the last 2 months I've started noticing a high pitch whistle/noise when I accelerate. If I back off the throttle its goes away. I thought it was brakes at first but I get no noise when I brake at any speed. Only when I accelerate. Anyone have any thoughts? Haven't brought it in yet, want to see if its a minor fix I can do myself.

Thanks.

Mario

waterfowler76
08-23-2010, 01:37 PM
ive heard about it....I'm pretty sure the problem is the flex pipe. Im sure someone else here knows more

Talldarkhndsm37
08-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for more replies.

TinIndian
08-23-2010, 02:44 PM
I have a '07 G6 GT that I inherited from my 87 y/o grandfather when he past away in January. Yes, it's red because what other color would an 87 year old man drive. Within the last 2 months I've started noticing a high pitch whistle/noise when I accelerate. If I back off the throttle its goes away. I thought it was brakes at first but I get no noise when I brake at any speed. Only when I accelerate. Anyone have any thoughts? Haven't brought it in yet, want to see if its a minor fix I can do myself.

Thanks.

MarioI've read the whistle is caused by a factory installed weep hole in the muffler that's designed to let water escape.

Talldarkhndsm37
08-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Wasn't the weep hole. Turns out my idle pulley is bad and that stretched out the S belt. Oh yeah, both my front struts are leaking, at 25,500 miles.......................

Daniel
08-31-2010, 12:41 PM
EDIT:(during me typing this looks like you answered it LOL)

Ive had the whistle but its mostly from 1-2 when the rpm's get in the 3500-4000 range when shifting i thought it was the trans slipping or the serpentine belt.
Im leaning towards the serpentine but Ive had it forever since i picked up the car.
Also a couple people have changed the belt and the noise stopped. But i have yet to do that.

TinIndian
08-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Wasn't the weep hole. Turns out my idle pulley is bad and that stretched out the S belt. Oh yeah, both my front struts are leaking, at 25,500 miles.......................http://www.digibarn.com/collections/screenshots/Screenshots%20Funstuff/OhShit.jpg

rdusel
09-08-2010, 12:23 PM
I have the exact same issue with my '07 GT convertible. High pitched whistle at certain levels of acceleration.
The car is almost 4 years old (it was originally bought in Dec 2006) and 20K miles on the original serpentine belt. I guess I will try changing it this weekend and see if that resolves the problem. Dealer is a bit far away and would charge for the belt anyway.
If not the belt then I will look for the "weep hole".
I'll post back my results next week... I hope this is the answer.
RD

tjd24
09-22-2010, 11:55 AM
We've got a '07 G6 HTC as well and recently started experiencing a whistle or screeching noise when accelerating. We recently put on new rotors and pads so I first thought it was the brakes but then realize its only on acceleration.

I am taking in the G6 in on 9/22/10 to get the roof button replaced (pressing button would start retraction but stop after a few seconds which then required button to be re-pressed) - I've printed out this thread to show Dealer Service to have them check out my issue - I'll post results as well.

TinIndian
09-22-2010, 12:58 PM
We've got a '07 G6 HTC as well and recently started experiencing a whistle or screeching noise when accelerating. We recently put on new rotors and pads so I first thought it was the brakes but then realize its only on acceleration.

I am taking in the G6 in on 9/22/10 to get the roof button replaced (pressing button would start retraction but stop after a few seconds which then required button to be re-pressed) - I've printed out this thread to show Dealer Service to have them check out my issue - I'll post results as well.

I've read the whistle is caused by a factory installed weep hole in the muffler that's designed to let water escape.

Wasn't the weep hole. Turns out my idle pulley is bad and that stretched out the S belt. Oh yeah, both my front struts are leaking, at 25,500 miles.......................

Take your pick!

rdusel
09-23-2010, 10:01 AM
I just tried a new serpentine belt and new idler pulleys, no change at all so I guess I am going looking for a weep hole before I take it to the dealer.
I was surprised that the belt was not in stock anywhere, then I saw how long it is. I don't think I have ever seen one so long before..
Due to the dealer cancelling my after market warrantee ("oops it was a clerical error") I now have to wait 30 days for the coverage to take effect.
arrghh...

Lampoon
09-23-2010, 10:48 AM
I need a new belt....coming up on 117,000 miles.

rdusel
09-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Not too bad to change, invest a couple of minutes and remove the airbox, you will be glad you did.
And you will probably need a strong bar to move the motor mount back a hair to replace the spacer. You will see what I mean when you get there..
Rob

slls
09-24-2010, 09:53 AM
The whistle on many G6 and Malibu has been the resonator.

tjd24
09-25-2010, 07:18 AM
Brought the G6 HTC in for service on Thursday 9/23 - Tech told Service Manager that on his test drive he heard the whistling/squeal - checked belts, PVC value as A-OK - had a Tech rev the car while on the jack and heard whistle through the exhaust system. Wasn't clear whether it was at the resonator or Cat - they indicated a replacement exhaust may correct but they said this is common with G6s.

At 27,000 miles it doesn't need a replacement cat-back so we'll just turn up the music...

BensG6GTP
09-25-2010, 01:01 PM
It's a supercharger! lol. Thats's just something the idiots around here would say.

rdusel
09-27-2010, 01:22 PM
This is just depressing. A design defect that turns up at 27K miles (or in my case 20K miles) and isn't even covered by the warrantee.
I wonder if the whistle is internal or from a weep hole in the resonator as mentioned before? Maybe a stainless steel screw in the weep hole will quiet or eliminate the noise.

G6-Lover
09-27-2010, 01:24 PM
that weep hole is there for a reason to let condensation out. plugging it could cause the muffler to rust from the inside out.

Abyssul
09-27-2010, 02:00 PM
I think I might have to get my belts checked after reading this because I just recently had the whistling on acceleration that seems to come from the engine. It started at around 80k miles and Im at 85k now.

TurboDiverArt
11-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Mine has the same problem, just bought the car. I'm furious if there is no warrantee fix for this. I may have to push the dealer to return it cause the car had the squeal when I test drove it which I mentioned to them and they said they would fix it when I brought it in for service. Love to drive the car but the squeal will drive me nuts. Got to be a way to fix it without sealing the weep hole. And to think I purchased an additional 2 years on the warrantee and at this point itís useless.

Art.

ballerinda
10-04-2011, 11:32 AM
I've read hundreds of posts on it, but has anyone gotten rid of their whistling sound on their G6. It occurs when my G6 hits 2500rpm. I took it to the dealer and they said they want to put on an entirely new exhaust system for $600. I don't know how this isn't an manufacturers defect. Has anyone done this yet, and if so, does it truly get rid of the whistling sound. I rather not blow $600 if it doesn't get rid of that piercing sound.

Also, I've tried plugging the wheep hole in the muffler with a screw. It does nothing. I still got that whistling sound, so that's why I question this exhaust system so much. I also tightened all the connections on the airbox too.

slls
10-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Replace the resonator, use aftermarket, or it will come back.

TurboDiverArt
10-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Mine was fixed under warrantee a year ago. They replaced the entire exhaust and the problem went away. I can't say if it was the resonator or the weep hole but something in the system fixed it. I've now got about 14,000 miles on the exhaust and the whistle has not returned. If I were paying for the fix I would not get a stock one from the dealer. For the money I’m sure there are better aftermarket exhausts that cost a lot less if you are planning to replace the whole thing.

Art.

ballerinda
10-06-2011, 02:41 AM
Thank You!!!

Talldarkhndsm37
10-10-2011, 09:03 AM
I just tried a new serpentine belt and new idler pulleys, no change at all so I guess I am going looking for a weep hole before I take it to the dealer.
I was surprised that the belt was not in stock anywhere, then I saw how long it is. I don't think I have ever seen one so long before..
Due to the dealer cancelling my after market warrantee ("oops it was a clerical error") I now have to wait 30 days for the coverage to take effect.
arrghh...

I replaced the pulleys, belts, front struts, new brakes all the way around and I still hear the whistling. I'm now convinced its the exhaust after seeing many others post the same thing. replace the exhaust sound goes away. My suggestion is look at after market exhaust systems and not a GM one as you will probably wind up with the same crap product again. Now is your chance to get some throat for your G6.

ballerinda
10-11-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm going to Midas to have them take out the resonator and put in a Magnaflow 10425 Stainless Steel Straight Pipe Muffler. I'll post how it sounds when its done and if it fixes the problem.

tjd24
10-12-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm going to Midas to have them take out the resonator and put in a Magnaflow 10425 Stainless Steel Straight Pipe Muffler. I'll post how it sounds when its done and if it fixes the problem.

Thx - let us know - the squeal is driving me nuts - also tell us what you paid for the Magnaflow. Much appreciated.

Here's the link to the Magnaflow product info http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=9246

ballerinda
10-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Turns out that it on the 2007 G6 GT Convertible, its 2" in not 2.25". I went off of what someone said in another thread. Gotta wait until Saturday for the new 2" Magnaflow to come in. Ill post all info once its done and if it fixes it.

And as far as price goes, they are usually around 60 bucks on Amazon. It depends what length you go with as well, but its within a few dollars. Hopefully I get the part this weekend and can schedule something Monday. I'll let you know how it goes.

ballerinda
10-14-2011, 03:50 PM
So Today I went to Midas. They cut off the old resonator, put in this new magnaflow 10424 for $130. My car has never sounded so beautiful. It is quiet and sounds perfect how it should have in the first place. Over all it was $130 for labor, but that's from Midas. You can get coupons and what not and negotiate better. And the Muffler was $60, so like $190 and all your problems go away. It sounds amazing at 2500rm and above.

reverttheclown
10-14-2011, 09:01 PM
post up sound clips!!! is it deeper at all? or just quieter

ballerinda
10-15-2011, 01:55 AM
It definitely made it quieter. The hissing sound only occurred at 2500rpm. You can't hear it now that I replaced the resonator. Since I have 2 Mufflers now, there really isn't any tone at all. I'm not sure if they made the exhaust different on the convertible model or what not so it would sound more luxury. As far as sound clips, it wouldn't pay to post any as you really can't hear anything.

Sep8778
11-22-2011, 06:24 PM
I have a '07 G6 convertible with 35,000 miles. I started to hear this high pitched squeeling noise upon acceleration as well. I took it to the dealership, and although I have the GMPP Major Guard extended warranty, it was not covered. At my dealership, they designate the same service person to work with you each time you bring your car in to get serviced. They get to become familiar with you and your car. I have never been more impressed with the customer service that I received. After they ordered the parts, my car was fixed in 1 day. This is what the invoice says.
1 19257426 F-Muffler
1 22734961 Gasket
2 11609746 Nut
3 55157 Bolt Kit
FC: Part# 19257426 Count:1
36109 FC 6065 Possible noise from resinator. Remove subframe to gain access to exhaust. Replace resonator and muffler assembly. Reinstall subframe.
My service advisor was able to replace all of this at no charge to me. It is called "goodwill" and he said something about sending the bill back to Pontiac. I seriously didn't pay 1 cent for any of this. He said he was able to do this since my car has such low mileage, and because he has seen this problem several times on their bulletin. Whatever that means. Hope this info. helps get your problem fixed for free!

ConvertibleGT67
01-19-2012, 01:23 PM
I had this same issue around 33k miles. I have a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT Hardtop. They said it was common.

TaHoE
01-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Hello everybody. I have had the same issue with my '09 G6 Convertible. They stated that there was a problem with the exhaust system (CAUSE: 9090 according to the Invoice), and they stated the following service and replaced the following parts:

L2584 Muffler Single Replace
19257426 Muffler
22734961 Gasket
CC: 0323
FC: 6063

After they replaced it the noise has gone away, but the exhaust tip is a smaller, to me it looks very strange being so much smaller than the original. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this normal? Here are some pictures:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x258/Jmarmara/G6/g6beforeafter.jpg

x44+
01-25-2012, 09:17 AM
'07 G6 convert with 45K on it.

Whistled like a bottle rocket on acceleration from about 2k to 3k rpm, never at cruise.

Followed slls and ballerinda's examples and replaced the resonator with a MagnaFlow 10424 from Summit Racing ($68, free ship), 2" in and out, 24" overall, matched the factory resonator and it is stainless to boot.

It is now more better, no hint of a whistle, just V6 rumbly goodness.

As a side note, there was no 'weep' hole or any other factory leak in the exhaust system.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e249/x44plus/G6%20Dual%20Exhaust/IMAG0375a.jpg

:beer:

-j

ConvertibleGT67
01-26-2012, 08:28 AM
At 34k miles they replaced.
22734961 Gasket 3.613
25814606 Muffler 3.701

It fixed the problem. However I will say at 79k miles now I am getting a slight whistle again.

Coltoncollins64
03-06-2012, 10:28 PM
alright so after reading all of these, it sounds like it is for sure an exhaust system problem, NOT a belt problem. However, my 07 g6 gt has just started whistling at mid to high rpm. the car has 83,000. heres the kicker, I have a magnaflow catback exhaust on it already and it never made any sort of whistle noise ever. So is it beyond my cat maby?

Cause before i read these posts, i thought it was ether serpentine belt, some other belt, or somting with my intake.

waterfowler76
03-07-2012, 07:45 AM
possibly in the flex pipe?

x44+
03-08-2012, 07:33 AM
Just to be sure check the wear indicator on the tensioner to make sure the belt isn't at its limit.

When I first started tracking down the noise on mine the belt appeared to be past the half way mark on the tensioner so I replaced it.

Didn't fix jack but I felt better.

The Magnaflow kit replaces the muffler, resonator and pipe all the way to the exhaust flange at the back of the engine so if the new resonator is on there the exhaust probably isn't the source.

Luck!

-j

slls
03-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Wear indicator on tensioner, new one for me. How about a pix.

melissa9836
03-22-2012, 06:35 PM
I bought my 2007 G6 a week ago and when I test drove it, I heard the whistling noise in the exhaust when I would accelerate beyond 2000 RPM. I started not to purchase it because of that and the fact that the salesman said, "sounds normal to me". So, I came home, searched it out and found this thread. I decided to go ahead and buy. I ordered the Magnaflow 10425 from Summit Racing for $68 and paid a local muffler shop $65 to install (GM dealer didn't want to use my parts). It is fixed and sounds great now! Thanks! By the way, the car was priced $3,300 below value- that could have been how I got it so cheap!

tjd24
04-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Many thanks to slls, ballerinda and x44+ for their posts on replacing the resonator - just had the Magnaflow 10424 (purchased from http://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-10424-Stainless-Steel-Muffler/dp/B000XQQ08C ) installed by my local Midas shop (about an hour labor). Prior to hearing the OE resonator the Midas tech wasn't sure that would be the cause but when his boss reved the car he clearly heard the whistle at the resonator. After cutting off OE and welding new resonator the result = no more whistle. The car sounds fantastic, good strong but not obnoxious note at rev and restored my for our 2007 G6 HTC.

So for ~$68 for the resonator and an hours labor thank God the whistle is gone.

Froreal3
04-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks for this post. I was wondering wth that noise was when I accelerated. It's been there since I bought the car about a year ago. I will get this fixed asap.

melissa9836
04-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Sorry everyone, on my post, I typed the part # in error, it was the Magnaflow 10424 that fixed my whistling noise also!

sav07g6
06-04-2012, 02:42 PM
My wife's 2007 convertible developed the whistle and I found this thread. I ordered the Magnaflow from Amazon and set up an appointment with a local Midas shop. They had the car on the lift about 30 seconds, came and got me and said look at all this...pointing at what I'm assuming is bracing to stiffen the convertible...and said this is at least a 4 hour job to take all this down and then do the resonator. I told them to drop the car and I'd get it done later, because I did not have that kind of time and I didn't trust they knew what they were doing. Am I correct in assuming that the bracing is not a big deal and they should be able to replace the resonator as easily as a non-convertible? Thanks for your help.

Blue10CamaroSS
06-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Turns out my 07 GT vert is having this same issue. At first I thought it was the trans, but my buddy looked at it and realized the trans is fine. He removed the cat back part of the exhaust and the sound went away so we realized it's somewhere in the exhaust.

After reading this, it looks like I'm gonna have to spend the $60 and get the magnaflow muffler

theshibbykumquat
06-04-2012, 10:38 PM
My wife's 2007 convertible developed the whistle and I found this thread. I ordered the Magnaflow from Amazon and set up an appointment with a local Midas shop. They had the car on the lift about 30 seconds, came and got me and said look at all this...pointing at what I'm assuming is bracing to stiffen the convertible...and said this is at least a 4 hour job to take all this down and then do the resonator. I told them to drop the car and I'd get it done later, because I did not have that kind of time and I didn't trust they knew what they were doing. Am I correct in assuming that the bracing is not a big deal and they should be able to replace the resonator as easily as a non-convertible? Thanks for your help.

Hell just take off the bracing on the bottom yourself if they think its that big of a deal, i thinks its only a couple bolts. Then bring it to them and they should have it on for you easy cheesy.

tjd24
06-05-2012, 07:54 AM

Our '07 is a Hard-Top Convertible (HTC) and my Midas shop did not have to touch the bracing - they did the work in under an hour.

If your shop needs to call my shop their # is (973) 579-1030 - Midas Newton NJ.

Had this done back in April - their best welder did the work - owner will know his name.

sav07g6
06-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Our '07 is a Hard-Top Convertible (HTC) and my Midas shop did not have to touch the bracing - they did the work in under an hour.

Had this done back in April - their best welder did the work - owner will know his name.

Perfect! That was exactly the answer I was hoping for. I will have them call. Thank you again.

melissa9836
06-05-2012, 02:49 PM
I live in the sticks where the closest Midas is like 60 miles away so I had to go to a privately owned muffler shop to get mine fixed. I showed up at 3:30PM and they put it on the lift and told me that "due to the bracing, it would take a while and they didn't have time to get to it that day and to bring it back the next day". I took it back the next morning and left it, then picked it up that evening and the labor bill was only $65, of course that was a private owned place and not a franchise. They did have to remove the bracing on mine and they actually showed me how there was no way to get to the resonator without doing so. I didn't see any way to. Mine is an 07 convertible. The price for me wasn't that bad, just an inconvenience of not having the time to wait on them, I had to get a ride to drop it off and to pick it back up.

Talldarkhndsm37
06-11-2012, 08:32 AM
It should take no more than an hour to get the bracing off and replace the resonator. There is no complex work involved. If they try to charge you for more than an hour of labor ask to know why and ask for them to show you. Unless there is rusting of bolts that would require more work to remove they are trying to rip you off and you should go somewhere else. It should cost no more than $150 for labor and the part which you can order yourself.

sav07g6
06-12-2012, 06:11 AM
Thanks for the reply. That was what I suspected was the case but didn't have the info to dispute their claims. It was a Saturday and I think they were expecting a slack day and they just didn't want to bother with my car. I've found another place that will do it in the expected time frame and cost. Thanks everyone, been a great help.

x44+
07-20-2012, 02:31 PM
@slls

Forgot to answer this, tensioner on the 3.5 has marks as do most others, indicating the stretch or wear limit on the serp belt. Kind of a moot point though as most belts have so much kevlar etc that they just fracture and break before they stretch any real amount.

Hard to see in the pic below but on the tensioner arm there are reference marks, B & C, that are the wear limit against the mark @ A.

This pic is after I installed a new belt trying to kill the squeal.

-jon

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e249/x44plus/G6%20Dual%20Exhaust/1342751688871.jpg

slls
07-21-2012, 12:37 PM
@slls

Forgot to answer this, tensioner on the 3.5 has marks as do most others, indicating the stretch or wear limit on the serp belt. Kind of a moot point though as most belts have so much kevlar etc that they just fracture and break before they stretch any real amount.

Hard to see in the pic below but on the tensioner arm there are reference marks, B & C, that are the wear limit against the mark @ A.

This pic is after I installed a new belt trying to kill the squeal.

-jon

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e249/x44plus/G6%20Dual%20Exhaust/1342751688871.jpg

Thanks, learn something new. My experience is the belt stretches so much they squeal.

pnbgross
07-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Theres a defective design in the exhaust resonator. Hit a bump wrong and something inside breaks a bit and you get the whistle on acceleration and certain revs. Pay $1000+ for a new exhaust, or have a muffler guy replace the resonator with a straight pipe for $100. The first can break again, the latter is forever, and has the added benefit of giving the car a bit of a growl.

washnesky
09-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanx to everyone for helping in fixing the "whistle" on my 2006 GTP. Absolutely the resonator needed to be replaced. Had a loose baffle inside. Had the resonator cut off and replaced with a magnaflow muffler. No more whistle and it sounds just like it should. $84 total. A steal to not have that whistling noise driving me insane. I will work on the screeching brakes next. I love the car, but have to say it's a piece of junk. Sure looks nice though and fun to drive with the top down.

97SHOgt
11-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Replaced the resonator with the MagnaFlow 10424 this morning. 1/2 hour later and $35 in labor and it is installed and fixed. This car is finally tolerable to drive. Thank you for the advice, worked great!

ConvertibleGT67
12-13-2012, 10:20 PM

Ok, I am going to get my 08 Convertible fixed. Tired of this noise. Already had the entire exhaust replaced once through the dealer under warranty thank goodness. But it is back. So I need to order a Magnaflow 10424 right ? What is the best place to order from ? Will this part work on my 2008 ? Do I need to order anything else ? We have Midas here in my area. If my Midas needs to call your Midas. Who should they ask for ? Thanks in advance.

ConvertibleGT67
12-13-2012, 10:32 PM
I can get it for 60.00 right now with free shipping ? 2008 G6 GT Conv.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_stainless-universal-performance-muffler-round-case-shape-inlet-diameter--2-in-magnaflow_22316231-p

tjd24
12-15-2012, 08:05 AM
I can get it for 60.00 right now with free shipping ? 2008 G6 GT Conv.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_stainless-universal-performance-muffler-round-case-shape-inlet-diameter--2-in-magnaflow_22316231-p

Great price - amazon is now $73.25 with free shipping - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Magnaflow+10424

As you saw in my posts this fixed the issue and hasn't come back - also note Midas took less than an hour to install so if your shop says anything different challenge it. Good luck!

ConvertibleGT67
12-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks, so I am going to guess these are universal. So the link I posted for Advanced Auto Parts. Is the correct one ? I hope this finally fixes it. I already had it replaced once at the dealership (under warranty)and it came back 30k later (out of warranty). Dealer said they would not pay to fix it again. Ordering the part and will use Midas to fix it. Thanks for all your help !

slls
12-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks, so I am going to guess these are universal. So the link I posted for Advanced Auto Parts. Is the correct one ? I hope this finally fixes it. I already had it replaced once at the dealership (under warranty)and it came back 30k later (out of warranty). Dealer said they would not pay to fix it again. Ordering the part and will use Midas to fix it. Thanks for all your help !

Check post 28 before you order.

ConvertibleGT67
12-19-2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks, read post 28. Got it on order !!!

ConvertibleGT67
12-28-2012, 04:30 PM

I took my G6GT Convertible in to get the magnaflow put on at Midas Lees Summit, MO. They said the bracing has to be taken off. And it would be 1 1/2 labor charge. I gave them the number of your Midas in NJ. Because you stated the bracing did not have to be taken off. When they called your Midas they stated they took off the bracing. I think they said they talked to a Jon. I am not sure if my Midas talked to someone in NJ that didn't really know. So I left and didn't have it installed until I get the full story. Can you give me a name of someone to talk too ?

ConvertibleGT67
01-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Ok, ordered my Magnaflow on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XQQ08C/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
Went to Midas and had them put it on. Was charged 1 hour labor. And I have a hardtop. So they DID have to remove the cross supports to get to it. They showed me it was not possible to get to it with out removal. And it sounds awesome. No more whistling. All is good !:)