Pontiac G6 Forum banner

My car is "chugging" and now the engine light is on!

16K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Lampoon 
#1 ·
Help!

My 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe has been "chugging" the past few weeks (on-and-off) ever since I got my oil changed. The gauges on the RPMs go up and down and you can feel the car "chug" along--even at 20 mph!

Now...the Check Engine light just came on. Argg!

A few months ago--it wouldn't start. It had to be jumped and then it ran for my drive into the office. Then I went to shut it off and it wouldn't start again. It was then towed to the dealership to find that it was a battery problem. Then--shortly after that, my roters had to be replaced--at only 20,000 miles.

Has anyone experienced this "chugging" before? I have an appointment tomorrow but to ease my mind--any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! :confused:

#5 ·
Sometimes these oil guys check your air filter and they unplug or dont put stuff back right. Sounds like you have an intake leak.....possibly. Check your intake and return line. Check your MAF sensor that it is connected good. Go from your throttle body all the way to your filterbox. if thats ok Auto Zone or a dealership or someone with a Dashhawk can look at the code and tell you what it says.

06...Im guessing your outta warranty...?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.