Pontiac G6 Forum banner

High mileage G6

11K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  vickali 
#1 ·
Just had my '06 GTP coupe in the tire shop for rotation and balance of the tires, and was told that both front struts are leaking oil and the left front ball joint is shot, to the point where they cannot align the car without replacing it ( $ 471.00 ). Explains why the front end has gotten so loose. This has to be one of the worst front end setups I've ever had ( steering rack and intermediate shaft both replaced previously ). I have just over 62,000 on the odometer. I know that's high mileage, but seems that the components should hold up a little better than that, especially since virtually all those miles are on the turnpike. Will be taking it in on Friday to the dealer to see if they might replace them under my 80K extended warranty.

On a good note, the Goodyear F1 Allseason tires are holding up well and continue to impress me.

#3 ·
Well, the Pontiac dealer confirmed that the stuts are worn out and they will replace them under the extended warranty, but three mechanics looked at the ball joints and concur that they are fine. Hopefully the strut replacement will eliminate the tendency to jump around when hitting bumps on the road. We'll see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.