Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Brake Lights & Blinkers ????????????

52K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  Edgar Gonzalez 
#1 ·
HELP!!! I HAVE A 2006 G6 AND 2 FIX IT TICKETS FOR MY BRAKE LIGHTS AND REAR BLINKERS NOT WORKING. THE RUNNING LIGHTS WORK, THE BAR LIGHT IN THE MIDDLE WORKS, REVERSE LIGHTS WORK, THE FRONT BLINKERS WORK TOO! Other than going to pontiac does anyone have experience with this problem???? is it a fuse or a bulb or worse

#2 ·
I have a 07 G6 V6 and i am having problems with my front end!! I keep taking my car to the local pontiac dealer only to have them turn or replace my rotars! I have had it up there 5 times for the same thing and now they say there is nothing wrong with it. I also have been experiencing some surging while driving especially about 50 anyone know what this may be from! Its driving me crazy and the people at the dealership prob think i am crazy!!

#4 ·
You probably just need to replace your main brake light bulbs on each side, i just had to do that. My first indication that my brake lights were going out was when my blinker started going faster, once that happened the bulb burnt out. Haven't had any problems since the bulb replacement.

#5 ·
yes check the fuse box it gives a diagram for which you can check certain ones for the brake lights and do a bulb replacement that will help also

#7 ·
ok to get the tail light out you go through the trunk you pull the little cargo net things out and pull back the panels that block the light from inside the trunk and then you undo the three screws and pull the light out other than that there is nothing to it it might take you 10 min for one headlight

#9 ·
lol geewiz now if he comes back and says that now they dont work at all its all your fault lol your taking the blame for this one :)

#11 ·
ya i know it would be kinda funny seeing someone knock out there taillight with a hammer and going ok now i got the bulb out now i just need a new taillight

#14 ·
tail light problems

I have had the same problem as the original poster with the rear brake lights and turn signals on my 2005 Pontiac G6 not working. I was also ticketed for this.

I changed the bulbs out and they still don't work. Odd. So now I'm thinking it's a blown fuse?

I've never changed a fuse on a car before, but I noticed the fuse box next to the battery. When I opened it I saw a chart showing which fuse does what, but it did not mention rear brake lights. Should I just change all of the fuses that include the word "light" in the description?

Any info/help is much appreciated.

Whoever said Pontiac should include a help/users manual is dead on.

#15 ·
I have had the same problem as the original poster with the rear brake lights and turn signals on my 2005 Pontiac G6 not working. I was also ticketed for this.

I changed the bulbs out and they still don't work. Odd. So now I'm thinking it's a blown fuse?

I've never changed a fuse on a car before, but I noticed the fuse box next to the battery. When I opened it I saw a chart showing which fuse does what, but it did not mention rear brake lights. Should I just change all of the fuses that include the word "light" in the description?

Any info/help is much appreciated.

Whoever said Pontiac should include a help/users manual is dead on.
It wouldn't hurt; At least you would know its not the fuses.

#16 ·
well if you open the drivers door also there is a fuse box there on the side you will see it on the dashboard but on the side when you open the door so there are two boxes in these cars and dont change everyone look to see which fuse is good and which fuse is bad those things do get expensive you know

#17 ·
my car kept blowing fuses and that little "maintenance required" wrench in my dash kept going on. It went from having to replace the fuse to to the running lights once a month to every other day! :mad: Finally broke down and took it to the dealer. Come to find out there was some chafed (sp) wires somewhere and it was causing the fuse to blow. Hopefully that's the end of that for now. :rolleyes:

oh and my wife got stopped a twice for that. she wasn't happy.!:cool:

#19 ·
take the bill where to court with her and show that you had it fixed that you had replaced these bulbs many of times and that you could not figure out what it was the dealer had told you what it was then it was fixed but yes good luck and hope the best bud

#20 · (Edited)
Tail Light Plug!!

Had to replace the passenger tail light directional signal bulb in my wife's 2006 G6 GTP Convertible. While pulling the tail light assembly from the body, the harness connector came out. Spent nearly 30 minutes trying to find where the connector plugs into. Well, it looks like the plug is between the rear body panel and the bumper (cover)...not accessible from inside the trunk....what a crappy design. I've never seen a tail light assembly that you couldn't get to the wiring from inside the trunk.

So, I can't get my hand far enough into the light assembly opening to plug back in. Can't reach up from underneath or the passenger wheel well. Please tell me I don't have to take the bumper (cover) off of the vehicle just to plug the tail light back in!!

Any suggestions are appreciated.

#22 ·
I been searching some Info for that problem because my G6's brake lights and rear blinkers haven't work at all so what I found is that the BCM(body control module) has corrosion on the connectors specially on the C2, if you don't know where the module is at, is placed on the right side of the front panel below the air bag and on the side on the stereo. There you will have to clean the C2 connector pins with a nylon brush and some cleaning gel or DIELECTRIC grease as the GM 12377900. Is about $15. And you can also unlatch the C2 connector the disconnect, then latch it again and connect. Repeat this steps about 3 or 4 times so you can clean the corrosion away. Hope this info will help you.

#30 ·
Running light

Help please. When I turned on my 2008 Pontiac G6 convertible. The running light is off and when I hit the brake the brake lights come on. Left and Right blinker is on when turned on but the running light doesn't comes on when I start the car. What should I do?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.