Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Security Light Came on

23K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  JoeyLovesTrains 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I stopped at a store, Grabbed some goods walked out hit remote got in the car turned the key, heard two (or three) bings. Looked at gauges and it showed a padlock. Did not flash. just stayed on.
I drove about four blocks up the street. Pulled to a side street and killed the car. Started car right back up. No security light this time. No bings. Pulled back on main road, drove pass the house for a couple blocks. Doubled back and nothing happening.

Does this mean something or someone set off the security system? Does this mean my security system is about to geek out on me?

Anyone else have this happen ?
I am 400 miles past warranty.

2009 G6 4 cylinder 4 door

#2 ·
I have never had this problem, but if the light is out and still flashes while you have your car parked and all locked up like normal, I would say things are okay. Possible problems could be something going wrong with your key or fob, are my best guesses.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hope it's not a sensor. Has not yet done it since. The only person that was around was pumping gas. and yes he struck me odd how weird he was staring. But that could just be my memory tripping on me. but i think i noticed that, that's why I set the alarm.

Just hoping it doesn't goof and disable my car.

#8 ·
This is happening to me. Not sure what’s happening, same issue with both keys I have. It will work fine, but after half an hour of driving, I get 3 dings and the theft light turns on. I’d light to get this fixed because I’m worried my keys might stop working and I’ll need a tow to the shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.