Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Alternator/Electrical problem

19K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnQ. 
#1 ·
So ive had my g6 for around a month now. About a week after purchasing I went to go unlock my car, and nothing happend. I checked every electrical peice of the car, nothing was getting power. I took it to the dealership, and they said it was the battery. Due to the timely problem, it was replaced for free, along with my tires. About a week after that the same issue happend again and my aunt who works for a local toyota dealership looked at it and realized they had not put the battery terminals on properly at the dealership and it seemed to be working fine after this.

However, yesterday I went to go turn on the car and once again nothing. All power was not working so i had to jump my car to get it to the dealership. Once the car was not driving and the engine was off, within 3 minutes everything turned off again. The dealership just called me and said the alternator is malfunctioning and isnt charging the battery, though, is it just me or if the alternator was malfunctioning wouldnt the car have had a slim to none chance of making it 30 miles to the dealership (in stop and go city traffic)?

#4 ·
Just had a similar problem today. My G6 wouldnt start. So, after boosting it and driving about 10 miles I turned the engine off and removed the key and the ignition indicator stayed on as if the key was still in the ignition. 30 minutes later it wouldnt start, and after getting another boost, the tire pressure sensor remained on for no reason. I dont know what the issue is. Has anyone had this problem?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.