Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Locking gas cap WITH tether...

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  The Oracle 
#1 ·
It's me again, group. I will try to be more to the point this time around.

I am in search of a locking gas cap WITH tether to replace my factory gas cap. Anyone have any ideas or locations that I might seek out such an item?

I have heard that there is a ball within the filler pipe that doesn't allow siphoning of gasoline; however.... I have always kept tabs on my gas & take full responsibility for what happens to my "liquid assets" (or investments) that I place in my car(s).

Thanx for your patience, group. :glasses3:

#2 ·
Assuming someone makes a gas cap that locks for the G6, why not just make the tether?

Usually the caps are plastic, and the shroud around the filler neck is plastic. Drill a small hole in the cap and one in the shround, then rivet a strip of plastic, at each end (wire tie or something similar) and voila!

#4 ·
I'm very picky about having everything stock on my cars. I would just assume have it made that way - then if something goes wrong with it - I don't have myself to blame. ;) My motto: "You get what you pay for!" :glasses:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.