Pontiac G6 Forum banner

traction control..

25K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Gambit 
#1 · (Edited)
1/27/10
i have a 2006 g6 gtp and i can not turn off the traction control any suggestions ? please help

i hold the TC botton for like 20 seconds push it 100 times try everyting in drive, in park car off car on i dont know what else to try i just want to be able to turn it off and on when i choose.

please help to give me options of how to do it.

thank you

1/28/10
update this morning got out it was snowing car sat for 8 hrs maybe something reset but i was able to turn on and off the traction control but there is a delay on turning it off and on does anyone know are there issues with the traction control or anything?

had the car for 2 weeks

1 week ago didnt have the problem

at least someone feels my pain,

thanks geewhiz

See less See more
#5 ·
no, what traction control does is apply the brakes to whichever wheel is spinning, which most often causes the other wheel to spin that originally had traction this causes the car to walk from side to side when takeing off from a stop. if TC is turned off you can spin the wheels, but you wil go strait instead of walking side to side. sometimes spinning the wheels it wat you need. TC got me stuck in my own driveway in the pile of snow at the end from the plows, TC woulndt let me go ANYWHERE but when turned off i could spin my way out so ya, tc is a pain in the winter rather than help, only time i have it on is on the highway when its snow covered etc.

#6 ·
I actually got stuck at a light with Traction Control on when I had my stock summer tires on. :mad: After getting four snow tires it does not get me stuck anymore, but it definitely does make getting started a bit harder than it should be. TC will cut off almost all power by braking too hard. I'm also not convinced that it is defeatable. even when turned "off" it still triggers itself if you want to make the car slide (doing doughnuts in the snow was no fun :( )
I've never had a car before the G6 that had traction control and I don't think I was missing much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.