Pontiac G6 Forum banner

AC/DC conversion noise traction control

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Reg Beckett 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am an older dude who owns a 2006 G6 GT coupe. Had traction control problems, buzzing noise while tires spin, also rear speaker noise. Almost wrecked a couple times when roads were bad last winter.
Bought the best tires I could afford, no better. Now the car is parked so I can fix it.
Don't woory, I have two college degrees, one in electrical engineering and the other in computers and networking (IT).
All of you who have replaced the stereo's power supply are taking a step in the right direction. Better noise filtering coming off the alternator may be the solution.
Another necessary fix is to install braided sheilding over the LAN (computer) cable.
Let's keep these Pontiacs going!

#2 · (Edited)
WELCOME I am pretty sure the buzzing noise when the traction control engages is normal.I do loads of winter driving in mine and when ever there is wheel spin the buzz goes off.When I am trying to goose it at a slippery intersection I turn off theTC so the tires will spin.BTW I to am an "older"dude

#4 ·
I should probably read my manual you may be rite.I know it sucks when you try to accellerate across an icey intersection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.