Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Interested in LED 3rd Brake Light Kit

LED 3rd Brake Light Kits

15K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Justin 
#1 ·
Hey All,

New to the forum and would like to get some input on interest. I have made some custom lighting projects for a number of vehicle communities and one of the main things that I have done for most of them is LED 3rd Brake Light Kits. I have wanted to check out the G6 for quite some time since they have a similar assembly to that of the Grand Am/Alero and the Cobalt, all of which I already make.

Here is a pic of the ones for the Alero/Grand Am

Input/Comments welcome. Let me know if there is any questions. I would also like to see if someone would like to volunteer to measure their 3rd brake light assembly. If it is really the same as either the Alero or Cobalt, the ones I already make should fit perfectly.

Also, Price point on these would be $25 shipped for the single strip. (1st Pic)

Thanks!

~Bryce

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey All,

New to the forum and would like to get some input on interest. I have made some custom lighting projects for a number of vehicle communities and one of the main things that I have done for most of them is LED 3rd Brake Light Kits. I have wanted to check out the G6 for quite some time since they have a similar assembly to that of the Grand Am/Alero and the Cobalt, all of which I already make.

Here is a pic of the ones for the Alero/Grand Am

Input/Comments welcome. Let me know if there is any questions. I would also like to see if someone would like to volunteer to measure their 3rd brake light assembly. If it is really the same as either the Alero or Cobalt, the ones I already make should fit perfectly.

Also, Price point on these would be $25 shipped for the single strip. (1st Pic)

Thanks!

~Bryce[/QUOTE i want one!!!!! i ahd an alero and i wanted one for that car.

PM me with the measurements you need and i will get them.

jonathan

#8 ·
I would definitely be interested in getting one of these for my 3rd tail light. I'll see what I can do to get those measurements for you- the light housing is a bitch to get off so I'll have to get creative with it. The washers holding the bolts in are in pretty deep and I haven't found a tool yet that will take them off (and of course the owner's manual doesn't do very well to describe removing them, go figure). Look at the picture below- any suggestions anyone?

The actual light itself from the outside measures just under 11.5 inches, but I'm not sure if that helps at all. Also attached a pic of the outside look.

Thanks for posting this :)

Attachments

#11 ·
i would definitely be interested in one of these kits and i took off the light and it looks like that it is 11.5 inches from the edges of the reflector housing on my 2007 g6 gt

#13 ·
Hey i posted pics of the g6's 3rd brake light in the gallery section the title is " 2007 g6 3rd brake light taken apart hope that'll help

#18 ·
I will buy one also

#20 ·
me too

Thanks

#21 ·
i want the single and double one to

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.