Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Brake Lights & Blinkers ????????????

52K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  Edgar Gonzalez 
#1 ·
HELP!!! I HAVE A 2006 G6 AND 2 FIX IT TICKETS FOR MY BRAKE LIGHTS AND REAR BLINKERS NOT WORKING. THE RUNNING LIGHTS WORK, THE BAR LIGHT IN THE MIDDLE WORKS, REVERSE LIGHTS WORK, THE FRONT BLINKERS WORK TOO! Other than going to pontiac does anyone have experience with this problem???? is it a fuse or a bulb or worse

#31 ·
Running light

The running lights on my 2008 Pontiac G6 convertible doesn't work when the car is turned on. When I press on the brake the brake lights comes on. The left and right blinker works when turned on but the running light doesn't. Can someone please help me out before I got a ticket while driving at night?

#33 ·
same issue to an extent

I have the same issue to an extent I have the non working tail lights with the 3rd working but I also have no right side turn signal but it flashes inside and my left side hyper flashes inside I tried di elec grease on the bcm connector that didn't work but Ive also been told to check the y splitter for the rear end for the electrical has anyone had any success with this I checked voltage with a multimeter for voltage at the pass. side blinker and had no voltage all fuses, bulbs, relays check out I want to try all options before going too the stealership due to my vin number not being listed under any recalls any help would be very much appreciated thanks in advanced

#34 ·
Not sure if OP has solved the issue of rear blinkers and taillights not working, but has anyone considered the turn signal switch? I know in my Vette I had an issue where the rear right taillights wouldn't brighten either when braking or signaling but would illuminate when the headlights or running lights were on. As it turns out, the wires to the brake lights and the turn signals all ran through the same switch, so when the switch failed, those lights wouldn't light up for braking or signaling. Not sure if GM did the same here, there's about a 13-year difference between the two, but figured it worth mentioning. Replace your bulbs, then check to make sure you're getting power to those lights when braking or blinking while you're back there(check at the socket and the connector, would hate for you to go through all that trouble just to find that it's a bad socket). If you aren't, check your fuses; if you are at both socket and connector, clean off the contacts in the socket; if you are at the connector but not the socket, then you've probably found what needs replacing. If the fuse(s) are good, check that the relay(s) are functioning and that they are receiving power. Don't know how much more I can accurately say on the topic, the last car I did this on was made in 94 so the wiring was a bit simpler. Hope you figure out what's causing it!

~Ken

#37 ·
HELP!!! I HAVE A 2006 G6 AND 2 FIX IT TICKETS FOR MY BRAKE LIGHTS AND REAR BLINKERS NOT WORKING. THE RUNNING LIGHTS WORK, THE BAR LIGHT IN THE MIDDLE WORKS, REVERSE LIGHTS WORK, THE FRONT BLINKERS WORK TOO! Other than going to pontiac does anyone have experience with this problem???? is it a fuse or a bulb or
HELP!!! I HAVE A 2006 G6 AND 2 FIX IT TICKETS FOR MY BRAKE LIGHTS AND REAR BLINKERS NOT WORKING. THE RUNNING LIGHTS WORK, THE BAR LIGHT IN THE MIDDLE WORKS, REVERSE LIGHTS WORK, THE FRONT BLINKERS WORK TOO! Other than going to pontiac does anyone have experience with this problem???? is it a fuse or a bulb or worse
I have the same issue with my 2008

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.