Pontiac G6 Forum banner

How hard is it to change headlight bulbs & fog lights?

28K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SimplyRed 
#1 ·
i wanna put the super white kind in how hard is it to do ??
do you need to take head light out to do it & how do you do the fog lights i just got my car today never really looked yet
what kinda bulbs are the headlight ? fog lights? & high beams i have a 2006 g6 gtp coupe dont no if that matters or not & do they make Sylvania silver stars for these car
& has any 1 had any problems with changing there bulbs if so what ??

#2 ·
To change the bulbs you need to first remove the 5 plastic pop screws on the front bumper. They're spread out at the top of the bumper right under the hood. Once you get those out, you have to remove the two hex bolts on each headlight. Then it gets tricky. You need to pull the light towards the front of the car until it pops out of the ball-bearing type mount on the fender. Once that pops out, you have to pull the front bumper forward while maneuvering the headlight out towards the front.

I admit there's no exact way of pulling the light out, you just have to try to pull it out at different angles and eventually it will come out. Try not to scratch the bumper or fender too much though.

The lowbeams and foglights are H11s, hibeams are H9. Once you have the headlights out you'll be able to reach down to the foglights and just twist the bulb harness out and change it.

I haven't seen any silverstar bulbs yet for this car. Nokya's are pretty good, along with MTEC.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.