Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Head Gasket Problems

18K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  str.walkabout 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 G6 v6. I had the car in the shop in April for the water pump, and they told me I also needed to replace the head gaskets because there was seepage, reminding you it's still under warranty!!! I drove off the lot after they fixed it and it was making gargling noises, I got to work a popped the hood to find all the antifreeze poured out of the reservoir cap. They hauled it back and put a new cap on it and told me it was fine. It made the same noise's for a couple of months. (need you know my dad is a mechanic so he knows his stuff) We took it back to them 4 times (between May&June) telling them is was gargling and running 225 in temp steady and jump when going up a hill and my fans would stay on for at least 20 minutes after I turn it off. Still they said nothing was wrong with it, its supposed to run 225. So it is now November and it is still gargling and now using anti freeze and still running 225 in temp. I have noticed some leakage around the heads and I have a slight oil leak. I took it to a "different" place for them to look at it and I got a call today saying I have a full blown head gasket and there sending the heads off to a machine shop. Now I feel this is caused from the people at the first place I took it not knowing what there doing. So just a heads up if your car is running 225 degrees there is something wrong, don't let them tell you there's not.

#2 ·
They may have known about the head gasket being bad but didn't feel like fixing it. Since I trust dealership machanics as much as I trust a rabid dog I say you got the typical treatment.
Sorry for your troubles though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.