Pontiac G6 Forum banner

G6 GT,GTP,GXP Exhaust System

119K views 159 replies 65 participants last post by  haydencopeland03 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
if you dont already know i own a performance and body shop in NJ. I am in the midst of building a custom exhaust for my GXP, but what i want to know is if anyone would be interested in buying a bolt on exhaust system for their car... Let me know.
Mike
MV Motoring

#3 ·
to answer your questions....
1) no pics yet...still in development
2) would probably sell around 400-500 price range
3) surely...all parts needed would be included in package
installation not included :)

i plan on using magnaflow products with full stainless stell 2.5" piping.
let me know any additional ideas you guys have too... i can see what i can do with them.

Mike
MV Motoring

#10 ·
ok guys here is the deal. I have put together a system somewhat like the gtr system but I think better. It will sell for 499.99 plus shipping. It uses a single magnaflow muffler and 2 magnaflow tips. All 2.5" piping needed is included. If anyone is interested let me know. Pictures to come soon...

#11 ·
by the way if you live near or close to union nj we would be more than happy for you to come pick up your system so you don't have to pay shipping And we would also be happy to Installnit if you need. With your purchase you also recieve 2 free mv motoring decals with choice of color.

#18 ·
Hey Big Mike since you own a stop question? Does that sys work on a 06 Malibu Maxx? there are not many parts for my car but i know that The motor in the 06 G6 GT and mine are the same. Second question: if i got a hold of the new 6 speed tranny would it bolt onto my engine cause 6 speeds sound a lot better than the 4 i got. I know the cold wouldnt be cheap but a lot cheaper if it did work than buying a new car I think cause i love my maxx.

#21 ·
If I buy a G6, I'll look you up later on.

#22 ·
I had dual 40series flow masters on my thunderbird, and had a custom built dual magnaflow system on my trailblazer. I want to put exhaust on the car and think it could sound good but I am scared that going with magnaflow would give it that honda coffee can sound. The setup i had on my Trailblazer was nice, but I guess I was use to the dual 40-series flowmaster from my other car adn really like that deep tone. Anyone know of anybody who has used flowmasters on a G6 GXP, or a G6 in general? There is a guy who owns a shop near us and he bends all of his own pipes, my boss at the garage where I work got me a good deal on the trailblazer so I would probably use him, just trying to see if i can hear what it sounds like before I go and spend the money on it.

#30 ·
is this a cat back system your making, and will it have the dual mufflers like in your picture or one muffle like you said later in this thread, cause I'd rather the dual, I've seen the one that Gm makes with the single muffler and I don't see the flow advantage really. Also if it is a cat back system, is it a botl on one, and what guarantee's do I have that it won't affect my warranty?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.