Pontiac G6 Forum banner

2007 G6 Door Ajar Issues..Alarm Going Off...

28K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Lilhanson14 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2007 G6 and this morning with all 4 doors shut my door ajar chime was going off and it said "Door Ajar" on radio screen and today while sitting at work my factory alarm started going off. I shut all 4 doors multiple times and this did not solve the problem.

I have noticed my interior light was staying on also, so I shut this off by the switch on the dome light.

My biggest concern is the alarm going off at like 3am and waking everyone up. I was thinking of unhooking the battery at night, but not completely sure on that.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Stew

#4 ·
It shouldnt. As long as u don't activate the alarm.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

#8 ·
looks like the fuse for the theft detterent system is combined with the instrument cluster so pulling that won't help you during the day...perhaps pulling the horn fuse will work for not annoying the neighbors but that wouldn't be safe while driving so if you use this route i'd replace it before driving.

#9 ·
Service Information 2007 Pontiac G6 | G6 (VIN Z) Service Manual | Document ID: 2286307
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#09-08-64-022: Various Intermittent Electrical Concerns-Door Ajar Message, Interior Lights On, Theft Deterrent Alarm, Retained Accessory Power (RAP) Stays On, Discharged Battery (Diagnose/Repair Door Lock Assembly) - (Jun 2, 2009)

Subject: Various Intermittent Electrical Concerns -- Door Ajar Message, Interior Lights On, Theft Deterrent Alarm, Retained Accessory Power (RAP) Stays On, Discharged Battery (Diagnose/Repair Door Lock Assembly/Circuit)

Models: 2006-2009 Chevrolet Malibu

2006-2009 Pontiac G6

2006-2009 Saturn AURA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment on one or more of the following concerns:

• The door ajar message stays on or comes on intermittently.

• The interior lights stay on or turn on intermittently.

• The content theft deterrent alarm goes off intermittently.

• RAP does not cancel when the door is opened allowing the radio, power windows, sunroof and the compass to remain powered up.

• The battery is discharged.

Cause
These conditions may be caused by water intrusion into the door ajar switch (part of the door lock assembly) which causes an incorrect switch status input to the BCM. This condition can be intermittent and wet weather may aggravate this condition.

Correction
Use the following steps to aid in diagnosis of the concern.

Important: DO NOT replace the body control module (BCM) for this concern.

Use the Tech 2® and monitor the door ajar switch inputs to the BCM. The Tech 2® lists the left front door separately, then all passenger doors together.
Check if a door ajar message is active with the doors closed. If this condition is not present, washing the vehicle may induce the concern. Note that the vehicle may have to sit for up to two hours.
If the concern is the RAP does not cancel when the left front door is opened, suspect the left door lock assembly. If the door ajar message is active on the passenger door, it could be any of the other doors.
Try opening and closing each passenger door one at a time while monitoring the door ajar status to see if one of the doors will cause the message to change to door closed. If it does, suspect that door lock.
If the message does not change, you can isolate which door is indicating ajar by disconnecting the individual door electrical connector at the pass-through on the pillar side. Always start with the right front door first. If the message changes to door closed when the door is disconnected, suspect that door lock.
Once you have identified the suspect door, refer to SI for complete circuit testing. Refer to Diagnostic Starting Point - Vehicle Access in SI.

Warranty Information
Important: Use the appropriate labor operation for the repair performed.

For vehicles repaired under warranty use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

B4260
Front Side Door Lock Replacement - Right Side
Use Published Labor Operation Time

B4261
Front Side Door Lock Replacement - Left Side

B4660
Rear Side Door Lock Replacement - Right Side

B4661
Rear Side Door Lock Replacement - Left Side

© 2011 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.

#12 ·
Same here

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

#15 · (Edited)
On my 09, using either the door lock switch or the door lock pin to lock the vehicle does not arm the CTD alarm. I see that had changed for the 08 MY. Looking at the 06 & 07 owner's manuals I see they both disagree with the GM service manuals for those years on this point. Ain't that a nice can of worms.
So, to the OP with an 07: using the lock pin to lock your car will not arm the CTD alarm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.