Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Tires

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Rodeoguy94@yahoo.com 
#1 ·
I have the stock uniroyal tires on my 2005 G6 I have read that there has been a lot of problems with wear on these tires. I have 30k miles on my car and am going to replace the tires. I would like to replace the rims and tires as one of my rims has some cosmetic damage to it and it is driving me nuts. My question is does anyone have a suggestions?? I would apperacite any info as I have seen some awesome rides on this site.

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

#2 ·
What types of problems have you heard your tires are having? Are they "Tiger Paws"? If so, that suprises me. Rae and I have had them in our family of automobiles since 1995 and have always had great luck with them. At 30K you are probably near the half way mark for tire life, are they out of tread?

#3 ·
The rear are almost of tread. I do not blame the tire though. I do not think whoever had the car the before never rotated the tires. Therefore the the now front tires have deep tread while the rear is almost near the tread bar. I have been reading and it seems that the tread wear on that model tire seems to wear quicker than some people think it should.

Take Care,
Bryan

#4 ·
Uniroyal Tigerpaw

I just had to replace a rear tire last month due to a flat and found out the tires should last for 70,000 miles. I will be suprised if they go that long. I rotate/balance mine religiously every 6,000 miles and yet they are already making a chopping noise on the fronts @ 22,600 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.