Pontiac G6 Forum banner

how do i remove dome light?

17K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  TheGuyz 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2006 G6 GT and have a broken switch on dome light ( aka door open will not light ).

So I wish to remove dome light and try and fix or replace if needed, but my problem is I can remove the grey outter plastic with lens, but cannot figure out how to remove the back end from roof ( white plastic with switch ). I see no clips or screws.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I had to replace my switch too... believe it or not, there IS clips holding it up.. you have to get your finger in there or a screw driver to pop the clips. there is 5 I believe in a star pattern... just feel around for them and give it a slight push inwards and it should come loose.. there is a metal contact under the switch that is likely broken therefore not lighting the dome up...

#6 ·
Ok not sure if 2 door dome light removal is different but appears it is.

There are 3 big tabs 1/2" by 1/2" so you have to push assemble up and to side then pull one corner down, after top faceplate is remove to remove assemble.

My fix was simple as was just bent contact so i just bent back in place and now opperates as normal ( off, door open, on ).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.