Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Which key fob do i need?

10K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Beaz 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 G6 GXP with the Sound and Sun package with factory remote start. I would like to add the 2 way remote start key fob, but the Pontiac web site shows two different ones, and since they are kinda expensive I don't wanna buy the wrong one! Any help would be great. I will leave the link to the gmac accessories site that lists both key fobs..... Thanks in advance!

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/ac...anced Remote Start/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm

Spaided

#2 ·
You want part # 19156553, the one with a list price of $150.

The other more expensive one is for cars without basic remote start in the first place, unlike yours.

These systems have to be installed--a module/antenna/etc. typically--and then programmed to work by the dealer, so factor those costs into it all. It's not just buying the cool new remote and wa-la, it works, there's a few extra pieces to it.

But a cool item, regardless. Here's some real world pictures of a 2-way remote next to a current standard GM fob:

#5 ·
Yeah, i don't wanna downgrade, i currently have two functional remote start keyfobs, but i just would like to add the two-way feature. when i get done here in Iraq, i plan on stopping by the dealer where i bought the car and asking them, but, car dealers always seem to wanna sell the MORE expensive product even if you don't need it. LOL. So to all, thanks for your help!

#7 · (Edited)
#10 ·
I was lucky that my uncle works for a ford dealership and was able to get my remote w/ start. The bad part is trying to get it programmed. The prices near me started at $47 and went up from there. Still looking around. I guess I can't complain since I got the remote for free. Had to kick out $37 for a new key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.