Where is the ABS Sensor??? - Pontiac G6 Forum
Pontiac G6 Forum Pontiac G6 Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

G6OwnersClub.com is the premier Pontiac G6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
sprockett

Gallery: 0
sprockett is on a distinguished road
Question Where is the ABS Sensor???

So, I have a 2005 G6 GT with ABS, I have to change the front right wheel bearing and have bought a new hub assembly, but the new assembly has a wire for the ABS Sensor and my car doesn't have one......and YES, I'm 110% sure my car has ABS.....so, ANY ideas?
sprockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
Abyssul
Moderator Member Thingy

Abyssul is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
Don't you mean the vehicle speed sensor? There is no ABS sensor.

Label 10 is the sensor.

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

Last edited by Abyssul; 05-26-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Abyssul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:15 AM   #3
nitrohogg

nitrohogg is on a distinguished road
I would think you got the wrong hub assy.
nitrohogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
davez26

Gallery: 6
davez26 is on a distinguished road
This should be interesting. I checked ALLDATA and it says that when changing the hub, one of the steps is ‘unplugging the sensor assm’, showing a plug behind the knuckle. Then, when look up hubs over @ NAPA, it shows the harness right there as part of the hub. Why does the original hub not have a pigtail?
In order for ABS and traction to work, the car needs a sensor at least at each of the drive wheels, to determine the speed of each to implement ABS or TRAC. It’s all based on wheel speed comparison.
This makes no sense.
If the car 110% has ABS, something is askew here.
I just don’t know what.
davez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:52 PM   #5
gface2k

gface2k is on a distinguished road
When I changed out my front HUB I purchased the one with ABS. The original had a cable coming off it that I disconnected. The hub has a speed sensor according to the manual. If you have ABS there should be an ABS fuse in one of the fuse boxes.

Last edited by gface2k; 05-27-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Had to edit, respons was too retarded
gface2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
nitrohogg

nitrohogg is on a distinguished road
does your abs work? is the light on? maybe the pigtail got tore off from a previous owner....does the other side have one?
nitrohogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
sprockett

sprockett is on a distinguished road
Well, I'm back to respond. First of all I have to laugh a bit....lol. Got screwed over by a guy who was going to help me out and replace 2 broken wheel studs for me....Only lost $40, so I'll just call that whole thing lucky... Here goes; Paid a guy $40 to change 2 broken wheel studs, got my car back with the wheel studs all there, but he told me that there was a problem with my ABS sensor (Wheel/Vehicle Speed Sensor) and I should get it replaced because my ABS light was on. It wasn't on when I dropped it off, but ok, he fixed the studs. Got a quote of $621 at a garage to replace both front wheel bearing because they told me the problem was there but didn't tell me the exact problem. I said ok and left the shop, went home and bought 2 wheel bearing assemblies online for $123 total and started to tear into the first wheel.....Hmmm, no Sensor, no wire....WTF? Posted here and got replies. Here's what the dude did....Instead of changing the wheel studs he spend who knows how long removing the wheel bearing assembly, tossed it away and put in a NON-ABS assembly out of some junker....YEAH, my light is on because there IS NO SENSOR!!!! Opened up the other side, figured out wth was going on, replaced both and BINGO....fixed the problem, got in my car, drove over to buddy's place and his wife was there, so I tore a small strip off her and buddy showed up at my door 2 hours later with my $40 and appologized and said it was the first time he replaced one and wasn't sure what the wire was for. I suggested he shouldn't do another one and he appologized again and left. So, 2 new wheel bearings, 10 new wheel studs and new VSS Sensors with $498 saved still in my pocket. Some people's children!!!
sprockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #8
Abyssul
Moderator Member Thingy

Abyssul is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
Glad you got it figured out.

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

Abyssul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:06 PM   #9
gface2k

gface2k is on a distinguished road
Kool beans, this is why I try to fix the car my self unless I know I really can't do it, then i take it to the stealer ship. Its amazing how much info you can get in communities such as g6ownersclub.com
gface2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions