Panoramic sunroof not working HELP! - Pontiac G6 Forum
Pontiac G6 Forum Pontiac G6 Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

G6OwnersClub.com is the premier Pontiac G6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
chicagojoe12

Gallery: 0
chicagojoe12 is on a distinguished road
Panoramic sunroof not working HELP!

So I have a 2006 G6 Gt 3.5L and the sunroof has stopped working (and the heated seats as well) I push the buttons and nothing happens. I noticed when I had a radio installed a few months back I also have 2 L7 woofers and a 1200w Brutus amp. Not sure if this had anything to do with it but can someone tell me the steps on how to check what the problem is? I went to my dealer and they wanted to charge me $90 just to look at it! Thanks
chicagojoe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
Firedown

Firedown is on a distinguished road
Check the fuses for them. Your owners manual will layout what fuse is where.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
reverttheclown

reverttheclown is on a distinguished road
^ x2 can almost guarantee thats the problem
Old 03-10-2012, 03:40 AM   #4
CruisinG6
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Gallery: 17
CruisinG6 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a fuse problem... I'm pretty sure the circuit for the heated seats and the circuit for the sunroof share the same fuse... Should be red 10 amp. Fuse box is located on the passenger side foot well on the side of the center console area...

~My '09 2.4 G6~
CruisinG6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
chicagojoe12

Just replaced the fuses didn't work which worries me more. The fuses are on the left side of the trunk I replaced 9, 10, and 14
Old 03-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
greenman
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

greenman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojoe12 View Post
Just replaced the fuses didn't work which worries me more. The fuses are on the left side of the trunk I replaced 9, 10, and 14
The fuse to check is the sunroof/heated seats fuse in the BCM fuse box as CruisinG6 said. If that's open, this may apply:

Service Information 2006 Pontiac G6 | G6 (VIN Z) Service Manual | Document ID: 2323916
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#PIC4165C: Power Windows Inop / Heated Seat / Roof Fuse Open - (Aug 7, 2009)

Subject: Power Windows Inop/Heated Seat/Roof Fuse Open

Models: 2008-2009 Chevrolet Malibu (new body style)

2005-2009 Pontiac G6

2007-2009 Saturn Aura

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superseded to add 08 Malibu and update text to include driver and passenger side. Please discard PIC4165B.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
A customer might comment that the Power Sunroof, Windows, and/or the Heated seats are inoperative. There have been reports from dealers that the 10 amp roof/heat seat fuse was open in the BCM.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Cause:
Dealers are finding that circuit #243 (YEL) wire, going to LH and or RH Heated Seat switch was found to be shorted to ground. The locations are at the seat track harness pass-though, and or getting pinched by the recliner mechanism for easy access seat operation.

Correction:
Remove the driver and passenger seat outer bezels and inspect for damaged wiring to the heated seat switch. If damaged wiring is found, make the necessary repairs and re-route the harness as needed.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a ""do-it-yourselfer"". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

2012 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #7
CruisinG6
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Gallery: 17
CruisinG6 is on a distinguished road
Something tells me this is your problem...

~My '09 2.4 G6~
CruisinG6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #8
chicagojoe12

THANK YOU It finally works! Turns out there was NO fuse in there but I put a 10 in it. But now new problem is one of the panels of the sunroof is missing the 2 pins that hold it together =\
Old 03-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #9
greenman
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

greenman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojoe12 View Post
THANK YOU It finally works! Turns out there was NO fuse in there but I put a 10 in it. But now new problem is one of the panels of the sunroof is missing the 2 pins that hold it together =\
The panos are a bit problematic. No idea how you're going to find parts for it.
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions