Pontiac G6 Forum banner

P0010 Code/Solution

136K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  JimR 
#1 · (Edited)
The solution to codes P0010, P0011, P0013 & P0014 for a 2.4L engine:

Firstly, these two parts are covered by your 5 yr 100,000 mi powertrain warranty, if it hasn't expired.

Pull off the plastic engine cover. Find the two small cylinders just to the left of the #1 spark plug. Replace them both. They are called intake & exhaust camshaft position (CMP) actuator solenoids (among other names). Autozone should carry the Dormans but I'm not sure they'll have the AC/Delcos (OEM). Just remove the hold-down bolts & pull up the cylinders. Put engine oil on the new o-rings & don't over-torque the bolts. The two are keyed differently (& have different part numbers) so you can't interchange them. Here's a how-to video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dkdd287AKg

Dorman part # 917-216 (exhaust) & 917-215 (intake)

#5 ·
sorry I just figured with the limited years of production all the 3.5 would be the same.

I have the 2007 base sport 3.5

Also could the actuators contribute to engine noise, almost sounds like a lifter ticking was think maybe it could because of limited oil flow? I haven't drove the car much but it seems to just do it after it is driven for a little while. FYI I just got the car 3 days ago.

#12 ·
I just did this myself. I had the P0010 code and replaced the intake solenoid. The easiest way to get it out is to remove the valve cover as well. Might wanna check your valve cover gasket while you're in there too. Mine was weeping in the corner. Not an overly time consuming job, just kind of a pain to get the valve cover back on.

#22 ·
If the CMP solenoids have been changed and still having accel issues check your maf sensor o2s air filter, dirty/worn out oil(dunno if you recently done oil change) check the tranny fluid level. If problem still persists, better find a shop who can identify and resolve the accel issue and hope they don't charge arm n leg + your first born... I'm having to change both CMP, oil nd Trans fluid all within a week starting tmrw