G6 GT,GTP,GXP Exhaust System - Page 5 - Pontiac G6 Forum
Pontiac G6 Forum Pontiac G6 Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

G6OwnersClub.com is the premier Pontiac G6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:35 AM   #61
jetmech_5

Gallery: 3
jetmech_5 is on a distinguished road
Ok here is a youtube link.

Sorry it was short. It has been a monsoon here for a week.

Need to post pics
jetmech_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2009, 02:38 AM   #62
bimmer83

Gallery: 0
bimmer83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz12285 View Post
I don't like the massive amounts of rollover on all the vids i've seen so far. To me, it just doesn't sound right. You can't go super loud while keeping the rollover at bay, but I'd rather have my exhaust sound really nice rather than having it loud. Just my opinion.
I can def relate I had a V6 Camaro and I put a flowmaster dual exhaust system only on the rear and made my 3.4 li sound like a V8 until about 3500 rpms My goal is to install the same exhaust on my G6 and have a nice growl kinda like this clip
I sure hope I can fit it under there...

Last edited by bimmer83; 08-28-2009 at 02:39 AM. Reason: link was bad
bimmer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:52 AM   #63
bimmer83

bimmer83 is on a distinguished road
I'm trying to fit an 80 series flowmaster muffler in my G6 Sedan it has one 3 in inlet and dual 2.5 outlets on bothsides so it should be easy to bend 90 degree angles and have them run out the lower valance any ideas how to run the inlet pipe around the muffler to mate it with the exhaust pipe?? also any good ideas on how to adapt the 2 1/4 pipe to a 3 in???

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...89feee01a1957e')
bimmer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:48 AM   #64
CalsGTP
Varsity Squad

Gallery: 54
CalsGTP is on a distinguished road
That sounds GREAT Jetmech!!!! I can not wait to see pics!!! What really matters is if you like it or not? From the back it looks like they did an awesome job hanging it up under there!
CalsGTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:11 AM   #65
jetmech_5

Thanks,

I cant seem to upload the pics. How do we post them in out member gallery?
Old 08-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #66
CalsGTP
Varsity Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmech_5 View Post
Thanks,

I cant seem to upload the pics. How do we post them in out member gallery?
Select the Photo Gallery, under Gallery Navigation select upload, under Categories select Member Photos click continue, browse for your files, and give it a title (fill in select other opitions), click upload and that should be it.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #67
jetmech_5

thanks for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalsGTP View Post
Select the Photo Gallery, under Gallery Navigation select upload, under Categories select Member Photos click continue, browse for your files, and give it a title (fill in select other opitions), click upload and that should be it.
Had to crop them. File too big.

http://www.g6ownersclub.com/gallery/...ndex.php?n=733

Having a strange noise in exhaust. Sort of a squeal mixed with rattle. Going to have it looked at by exhaust shop. Crawled under it but couldn't figure it out, nothing seems to be loose.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:54 AM   #68
CalsGTP
Varsity Squad

Very nice, hope that noise is an easy fix! So, I'm guessing you spent less than me on it; what did you end up spending when it was all done? Although with the fabing of the front pipe you might have still spent as much?
Old 08-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #69
Bambi

Bambi is on a distinguished road
I would like to have a exhaust system installed, that has the deep growl for my 06 g6 gtp sedan.. I hate the crazy A$$ popping shiz.. would someone direct me on where (On the internet) or what to request at a performance exhaust business? I wanna make sure I'm not taken advantage of, being a woman and all. and of course I want to have this done secretly for my husband.

Thanks!

Owner: 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl) -Fully Loaded!
Oh, Married and a mommy to four kids under 7!
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #70
jetmech_5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalsGTP View Post
Very nice, hope that noise is an easy fix! So, I'm guessing you spent less than me on it; what did you end up spending when it was all done? Although with the fabing of the front pipe you might have still spent as much?
I dunno man, 6 of 1 half dozen of the other. I can't remember what the kits cost online but I paid $550 for custom. That included the muffler that my exhaust guy got cheaper than I could online. 2.5" 100% stainless. I have never heard a GTR in person and I can't really tell the difference listening to the videos. I do know it does not have a tinny pop on roll back just a growl. I have bad hearing anyway for 13 years building and testing jet engines so... I get allot of compliments on it. Another customer at the exhaust shop said it did not sound like a V6. I don't think it sounds like a v8 but maybe a V6 and a half...lol.

I think the X pipe has something to do with the different sound.

I seems to really make a difference at higher RPM's I think I lost a bit of low end torque. Driving on the HWY at 65 drop into 3rd and nail it, sets you back in the seat pretty good.

Did a dashhawk 0-60 it was 5.9...not sure how accurate it is. I had allot of wheel spin and hop. I wish I could get rid of that hop as well.

Not sure what that noise is in the exhaust. It almost sounds like air rushing through pipe but I have never heard anything like that before. Sort of a high frequency rattle.

Took it to the shop but exhaust guy could not put his finger on it, it was on saturday so not much time to look at it. Will take it up there pretty soon on a weekday if I get the time. It's really irritating.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:21 AM   #71
Lampoon
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Gallery: 40
Lampoon is just really niceLampoon is just really niceLampoon is just really niceLampoon is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
I would like to have a exhaust system installed, that has the deep growl for my 06 g6 gtp sedan.. I hate the crazy A$$ popping shiz.. would someone direct me on where (On the internet) or what to request at a performance exhaust business? I wanna make sure I'm not taken advantage of, being a woman and all. and of course I want to have this done secretly for my husband.

Thanks!

I got this one and have been happy with it. Its a bolt on but they sell out all the time and there is usually a waiting list.
Clicky here

My Progession
Lampoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #72
RedG6-GTP
Taken by G.M. again

RedG6-GTP is on a distinguished road
Not to insult anyone!!! And I mean it!! I have heard all the clips GT-R and others and the only ont that sounds decent(without that tin rumble at end note..like a germ car) is a true dual i saw on here months back...gotta find it...all those single pipe muffler to dual tips dont do much for HP gain...And I have a NHRA 8 sec license....But I am also looking for a upgrade like everyone else for most bang for buck...sorry Lampoon..not banging on you...only my opinion every will do what they thinks best of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampoon View Post
I got this one and have been happy with it. Its a bolt on but they sell out all the time and there is usually a waiting list.
Clicky here
Old 01-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #73
jetmech_5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedG6-GTP View Post
Not to insult anyone!!! And I mean it!! I have heard all the clips GT-R and others and the only ont that sounds decent(without that tin rumble at end note..like a germ car) is a true dual i saw on here months back...gotta find it...all those single pipe muffler to dual tips dont do much for HP gain...And I have a NHRA 8 sec license....But I am also looking for a upgrade like everyone else for most bang for buck...sorry Lampoon..not banging on you...only my opinion every will do what they thinks best of course.
Mine is a custom dual exhaust.

See post #61
Old 01-01-2010, 10:15 AM   #74
Lampoon
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Gallery: 40
Lampoon is just really niceLampoon is just really niceLampoon is just really niceLampoon is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedG6-GTP View Post
No skin off my nose. Get what you want.

Also, increasing your pipe size coupled w/a flow through muffler sans the resonator
does indeed do something...but you know what they say about opinions.

My Progession
Lampoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #75
Bayareatech

Bayareatech is on a distinguished road
who's in Northern Cali?

So I have delayed on exhaust for my 3.9L GTP for the simple reason that I hate that I MUST RESEARCH FIRST, ok so I was going to buy the GTR but then heard others online that sounded to my believe much better. I now still have stock exhaust so I was wondering if any of you outhere with aftermarket exhaust lived on northern Cali or bay area? If you do then email me at bayareastuner@att.net so I can hear your exhaust please
Bayareatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications