Headlight going out - Pontiac G6 Forum
Pontiac G6 Forum Pontiac G6 Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

G6OwnersClub.com is the premier Pontiac G6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
bburrus409

Gallery: 0
bburrus409 is on a distinguished road
Headlight going out

I just recently got a 06 G6. The LH low beam was working fine, and then it went out. I thought it was just a bad bulb, so I bought a new one. But just a few days ago, this bulb went out. The RH low beam works fine. Could it be a short? Anyone have any suggestions?

UPDATE:
I just checked out the wiring harness, and it's got some pretty bad corrosion on it. I tried cleaning out as much as I could, but could this be the issue? If so where could I get a new harness?

Last edited by bburrus409; 08-27-2009 at 05:47 PM.
bburrus409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
Justin
CrAzY Moderator

Gallery: 23
Justin is on a distinguished road
i dont believe that there is a harness that replaces the one thats there. (that i could find)

um the only thing is the dealer to look at it

or new headlight.

this is just what i found maybe someone else can help you out if there is one out there
but i could not find one.

Appearance: Debadged, Black Overlays, LLumar 35% Windshield The Rest Are 15%, LED RL/BL, Fogs Lows and Highs are 8000K HIDS, G6 Vinyl Door Jam G6 Logo Covers, Custom Engine Bay Painting, Black Recessed Upper Grill, Red Caliper Painting, Tinted Tail Lights, Flexline Interior Lighting W/Remote.

Performance: Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, K&N CAI, Custom Strut Tower Bar.

System: Complete Kicker System (Tweeters, 6x9's, 6 1/2's, 2-12" CVX Subs, 1000 Watt Kicker Sub Amp, 350 Watt Kicker Internal Speakers Amp), JVC KW-AVX830.

Security: 5900 Series Viper Car Alarm, Custom Painted Remote
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #3
The Oracle

Gallery: 4
The Oracle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Oracle Send a message via Skype™ to The Oracle
Question

My LS low-beam failed last night. I believe (though I am by no stretch of the imagination "a mechanic") the halogen (?) bulb needs replacing in mine. As far as a wiring harness... I've not explored that as of yet. Since my warranty has expired a time ago, I find I'm at the mercy of anyone who can help... Anyone who has replaced a low-beam headlight bulb before -please offer assistance. Thanx.
The Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
Lampoon
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Gallery: 40
Lampoon is just really niceLampoon is just really niceLampoon is just really niceLampoon is just really nice
I answered u in your other thread....

My Progession
Lampoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
ironbull

Gallery: 0
ironbull is on a distinguished road
05 first one then other went out

Hey guys, my neighbor has an 05 g6 and both lowbeams went out but as soon as I pulled them out of assy they both started working. They dont work on auto tho, it was middle of day when I worked on them so I dont know if lights are suppose to work during daylight when on auto. If they keep working on regular on but not auto then I need to figure out why, but if they are fixed then maybe ya'll should check yours before buying parts or taking to stealership.
ironbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions