Blinkers will not turn off!! - Pontiac G6 Forum
Pontiac G6 Forum Pontiac G6 Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

G6OwnersClub.com is the premier Pontiac G6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #1
Redneck Bunny

Gallery: 0
Redneck Bunny is on a distinguished road
Blinkers will not turn off!!

Hi everyone! I just bought a 2009 Pontiac G6 GT. I loooooooooooove the car but noticed that when I use my blinkers and I turn that they do not turn off. Does anyone know what the problem may be and how to fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandi
Redneck Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2009, 08:29 AM   #2
jamestg6gt07

jamestg6gt07 is on a distinguished road
Just to clarify...
Do you mean the blinker doesnt "click" back into the off position or do you mean they stay on even with the switch in the off position?

Sorry but either way i dont know whats going on lol.
07 G6 GT White, 84K, 35% Tint, 8k HID Lows/Fogs, Tinted Tails, DRL Delete, DexCool Delete (is that a mod?) Eibach Springs, EBC Brakes, Orange Calipers, De-Badged, Front Tower Strut Bar, Painted Engine/Battery Covers, CRABS Opt# 3, "Tiger CRAB Ram Air", Custom Catback stepped up to 2.5" from 2.25" tubing with purforated rez and free flow muffler.

Coming Soon:
18" rollers, LED red interior lighting, LED tails, Complete Audio System Renovation as I have blown it up, Sedan HH spoiler, Custom Seatcovers, dash cover and floor mats with the G6 Embroidery, Painted body color mirrors, wiper arms, both front grills, side skirts and rear facia all body color painted.
jamestg6gt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
Redneck Bunny

Redneck Bunny is on a distinguished road
Sorry

They don't click back to off once I have turned.
Redneck Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
jamestg6gt07

jamestg6gt07 is on a distinguished road
Hmmm. Like i said im not familiar with that stuff on the steering column but i've heard that when the mechanisms in there somewhere fail its a biotch to fix cuz you have to tear it all apart to replace the thing that clicks it off when the wheel turns. I may be wrong but i heard someone telling me once about that in my mothers car when the blinker would only click off on a right turn and would stay on on a left turn.

Idk if lampoon (user id) has read this but he may be able to help you.
07 G6 GT White, 84K, 35% Tint, 8k HID Lows/Fogs, Tinted Tails, DRL Delete, DexCool Delete (is that a mod?) Eibach Springs, EBC Brakes, Orange Calipers, De-Badged, Front Tower Strut Bar, Painted Engine/Battery Covers, CRABS Opt# 3, "Tiger CRAB Ram Air", Custom Catback stepped up to 2.5" from 2.25" tubing with purforated rez and free flow muffler.

Coming Soon:
18" rollers, LED red interior lighting, LED tails, Complete Audio System Renovation as I have blown it up, Sedan HH spoiler, Custom Seatcovers, dash cover and floor mats with the G6 Embroidery, Painted body color mirrors, wiper arms, both front grills, side skirts and rear facia all body color painted.
jamestg6gt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
Jascot

Jascot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Bunny View Post
Sorry

They don't click back to off once I have turned.

I have a 2009 G6 that's having the same problem. It started out where once in a while the turn signal wouldn't cancel itself automatically like it should, but its to the point now where its more often than not. Mine does it far worse when turning right than left.

I think a trip to the dealer is in order to get it fixed. Until recently the trip to the dealer seemed like it was more trouble than the problem was, but its starting to get annoying now so I think its dealer time soon.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
Droptop Diamond
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Droptop Diamond is on a distinguished road
Low fluid?

j/k hope you guys get it resolved (and hope it doesn't "infect" MY 09 )

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
Droptop Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #7
Lampoon
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Gallery: 40
Lampoon is just really niceLampoon is just really niceLampoon is just really niceLampoon is just really nice
When that happened on my 67 GTO I had to replace the canceling cam in the steering column. Is your car under warranty?

My Progession
Lampoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
sr2ss

sr2ss is on a distinguished road
hey i dont know if its too late but its the steering column switch. GM has been puttin on some cheap ones lately that mess up easily. like on my dads gmc sierra, my aunts chevy cavalier and my friends suburban. it usually happens wen you double click or switch over wit the turn. I changed all of these myself and it is not an easy job or a cheap part. I wouldnt recomend buying them from a junk yard or anything like that. but its your choice.
sr2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions