Alternator/Electrical problem - Pontiac G6 Forum
Pontiac G6 Forum Pontiac G6 Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

G6OwnersClub.com is the premier Pontiac G6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
blakbeltkid92
Newbie!

Gallery: 0
blakbeltkid92 is on a distinguished road
Alternator/Electrical problem

So ive had my g6 for around a month now. About a week after purchasing I went to go unlock my car, and nothing happend. I checked every electrical peice of the car, nothing was getting power. I took it to the dealership, and they said it was the battery. Due to the timely problem, it was replaced for free, along with my tires. About a week after that the same issue happend again and my aunt who works for a local toyota dealership looked at it and realized they had not put the battery terminals on properly at the dealership and it seemed to be working fine after this.

However, yesterday I went to go turn on the car and once again nothing. All power was not working so i had to jump my car to get it to the dealership. Once the car was not driving and the engine was off, within 3 minutes everything turned off again. The dealership just called me and said the alternator is malfunctioning and isnt charging the battery, though, is it just me or if the alternator was malfunctioning wouldnt the car have had a slim to none chance of making it 30 miles to the dealership (in stop and go city traffic)?
blakbeltkid92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
reverttheclown

reverttheclown is on a distinguished road
could be a problem that the alternator is just draining the battery WAYYYY more than it should when the car is off? just my unprofessional opinion...just ask the dealer exactly what is wrong because now i'm curious haha
Old 11-29-2010, 08:44 AM   #3
wesuhlee

Gallery: 5
wesuhlee is on a distinguished road
i had a similar problems this past week minus the battery issue...my alternator crapped out at 59k on my 07 G6
wesuhlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
JohnQ.

JohnQ. is on a distinguished road
Just had a similar problem today. My G6 wouldnt start. So, after boosting it and driving about 10 miles I turned the engine off and removed the key and the ignition indicator stayed on as if the key was still in the ignition. 30 minutes later it wouldnt start, and after getting another boost, the tire pressure sensor remained on for no reason. I dont know what the issue is. Has anyone had this problem?
JohnQ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions