Panoramic Sunroof won't open? - Pontiac G6 Forum
Pontiac G6 Forum Pontiac G6 Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

G6OwnersClub.com is the premier Pontiac G6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
Mooku511

Gallery: 0
Mooku511 is on a distinguished road
Panoramic Sunroof won't open?

I have an 05 gt. I went to open the sunroof one day and heard a loud pop. The roof wouldn't open past the first panel. The first panel barely opens. It opens maybe an inch on the drivers side and 2 inches on the passenger side, so it looks completely uneven.

I want to take it to the dealership to get an estimate, but I was just wondering if anyone has had a problem with the panoramic and how much it cost? I have no idea how much it will cost to fix and if it's a thousand or more, I don't even want to bother with it.

So if anyone knows what the deal is, or the price range of repairs to these roofs I'd greatly appreciate it. The panoramic sunroof was the reason I chose this specific g6, so I'm completely devastated that it no longer works.
Mooku511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
nickya0721

nickya0721 is on a distinguished road
I'm having the same problem with my roof!!!!! its a little different though. one day i went to open it and it wouldn't open, so i thought it could be frozen, so i pushed up on the panels a little and parked it in my heated garage overnight. cam out the next morning and it still wouldn't open, so i messed around with the switch a little and it opened and got stuck open, then after pulling on it for hours and checking fuses and looking online i got it closed but now it wont open again!!!!! someone pleaseeeee help
nickya0721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
slls

slls is on a distinguished road
If closed leave it closed, GM could never get it to work right, so not installed anymore.
slls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #4
g6driver

g6driver is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have any new information on this, the same thing just happened to mine and I want it fixed but don't want to spend an arm and a leg on it.
g6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
Dav3
Da.v3

Dav3 is on a distinguished road
hammer = fix. wide open

Performance: Full CRABs | RacingLine street MMIs + STB

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
Dav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
g6driver

g6driver is on a distinguished road
If you don't have a serious answer please don't waste my time posting.
g6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #7
JD416

JD416 is on a distinguished road
I have a similar problem. It seems like the driver side doesn't want to go up but if I push on it it releases and the rest of the roof works but it also leaks are. I took it to the shop and they said that they come out of adjustment and that they charge $75 for the first hour and $110 for every hour after that. They also said that it takes awhile to adjust. My gf's family has a body and repair shop and she is checking on how to fix it so I don't spend and arm and a leg.
JD416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #8
Bad G6GT

Gallery: 1
Bad G6GT is on a distinguished road
panoramic roof stuck

I just had the same thing happen with my "06" G6GT sunroof wont open exept for the first panel and then only about an inch on driver side and about 2 inches on passenger side, any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #9
jncgitrdun

jncgitrdun is on a distinguished road
I have the same problem and it happened about a year and a half ago it made a loud pop an the first panel opens a little and that's it and I took it a apart a lit and it's not an adjustment it's the track itself is messed up and have to replace it I been looking for someone to replace it but around me all I have Is the dealer and they want 1300 to replace it and that's kinda pricey I would donut my self but I don't wannna mess around with the airbags in the headliner
jncgitrdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:16 AM   #10
Joe_H9

Joe_H9 is on a distinguished road
Mine does exactly the same first panel wont move and second seems like if wnts to but doesnt... i had a my own thread about this problem before and one guy told me it mite be the track tha one messd up... dealership charge him @ 1000 :'( .... im w out my roof for about 1 month already n i feel like dieying

Sent from my HERO200 using AutoGuide App
Joe_H9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #11
redmo_20

redmo_20 is on a distinguished road
G6 panoramic roof stuck (FIXED) (F.U. DEALERSHIP)

well well well guys.... let me take it from the top. I got a 2005 pontiac g6 gt, loaded all the way out. Black, 17in chrome wheels, black decal eyelids, 10000K hids, tinted tails, decals, 5% tint n I got leather heated seats bla bla bla, dont get me wrong i love my car. But i do have the AWESOME panoramic roof. I love this sunroof. Best thing about the car i think... But as of yesterday my roof wouldnt close... i had it on 4, all the way open... i got a little upset because it was about to storm... Well today i had 3 different dealerships look at it. All of them said i need a new roof... WTF!?!? all of them said it would be between 1200.00 and 2100.00... whoa... talk about almost depleting my bank acct considering im a 21 year old male... BUT i took it home, as im somewhat mechanically inclined... i FIGURED out the problem!! It might be a fix for you guys as well... SOOOO if anyone would like to hear my theory and how i fixed it, it took me less than 5 mins to get mine working again... Although i still have the wind noise that wont go away... so if anyone would like to hear what i did, email me at redmo_20@yahoo.com GL guys!
redmo_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #12
greenman
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

greenman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmo_20 View Post
... so if anyone would like to hear what i did, email me at redmo_20@yahoo.com GL guys!
Appreciate the offer but if you posted your repair in this forum many more people might benefit from your experience.
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:07 AM   #13
Joecobsin
Joecobsin

Joecobsin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Joecobsin Send a message via Skype™ to Joecobsin
Has anyone got anywhere with this issue of the first panel?
Joecobsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions