Driver Heated Seat Not Working - Pontiac G6 Forum
Pontiac G6 Forum Pontiac G6 Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

G6OwnersClub.com is the premier Pontiac G6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #1
Kristina Barth

Gallery: 0
Kristina Barth is on a distinguished road
Smile Driver Heated Seat Not Working

I have a 2008 Pontiac G6 Convertable - Just recently my driver heated seat is not working - I checked the fuse and it is ok - I wonder if it can be a wiring problem or the switch by my seat is no good.

Can somebody shed some light? I don't want to be cold

Last edited by Kristina Barth; 10-13-2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: spelling error
Kristina Barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
KurosPaladin

KurosPaladin is on a distinguished road
I'm having the same problem. My driver's side heated seat isn't working. The LED indicator works just fine, but the seat never warms up.

I have a 2008 G6 convertible 3.9L.

Any help would be appreciated.
KurosPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
Kristina Barth

Kristina Barth is on a distinguished road
Smile RE: Heated Seat Problem

I had the same problem - I took it to my dealer who said that they had to replace the heating coil and wiring under the seat - It took about two to three weeks for the parts to come in - It was still all under warranty so it didn't cost me anything (Thank God) - All was replaced and now I am toasty warm all winter (LOL!)

Hope this helps!

Kristina
Kristina Barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
Ronixrider12

Ronixrider12 is on a distinguished road
Same problem

I'm having the same problem. I have a reasonable excuse as to why it's not working, or so I thought. Last spring, a hail storm took out the rear windshield of my 2008 Pontiac G6 Sedan and a lot of water and glass got into the car so naturally I thought the electrical from the heated seats had gotten wet. The mechanics checked it out and said there is nothing wrong with the heated seat yet when I turn it on, the LED indicator light comes on but the seat doesn't warm up. I will admit that the seat worked before the hail storm and didn't work after but according to my mechanic, it's fine. I took it to them several times and every time, they say there is nothing wrong with it and even turn it on and pretend like it's getting warm. It's really frustrating as I payed an additional fee for the heated seats. The passenger seat still heats up great though. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Michael
Ronixrider12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions