Why does my engine sound like a diesel??? - Pontiac G6 Forum
Pontiac G6 Forum Pontiac G6 Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

G6OwnersClub.com is the premier Pontiac G6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
Raptor

Gallery: 0
Raptor is on a distinguished road
Why does my engine sound like a diesel???

I have a 2007 g6 2.4L 4cyl when I turn my car on It sounds fine on the outside but as soon as I get inside and close my door the engine sounds like a diesel engine I asked my gm mechanic where get all my service done and they said it should be normal but I don't know because Im never in my car without my stereo on lol what about you guys? Any sounds? Even after I'm done driving it still sounds like it I'm kinda worked I only have 52k on it and still have a bumper to bumper warranty but it cost me $50 to get something fixed so I don't want to bring it in for nothing please help!!!!
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
'06 Convert
'06 G6 Convertible

'06 Convert is on a distinguished road
hey my '06 3.5 has no such noise, maybe you should trade it in?
Old 11-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #3
RedRocket

Gallery: 15
RedRocket is on a distinguished road
I have a 3.5 v6 and brought it into the dealer for the same reason, they told me that it was just the fuel injectors making the noise and that it was normal...I've heard this same noise coming from both diesels and new cars that have direct injection systems, but this is the first car i've had that has made this noise from a normal fuel injection system, I don't hear it all the time, just occassionally...I guess its just GM's design..

Debadged, K&N Drop In Air Filter, Pioneer DEH-6200bt w/ Metra Kit, L.E.D. Tailights, L.E.D. 3rd Brake Light, 7500k High beam, Low Beam, and Fog Lights, L.E.D Lights Behind the Grille, L.E.D. Reverse Lamps, Ya, Basically L.E.D.s all over, And more to come....
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
SexyG6

SexyG6 is on a distinguished road
um ya, if it realy does sound like a "diesel" then it is probably knocking or misfireing, any check engine light? and if they tell you something like that is normal you need to find a new dealership............if i were you i wouldnt even take my car to a dealership even if its something that should be fixed under warranty, because GM dealships a terible at fixing things in my experience when they even admit something is wrong..........i had 3 dealeships try to tell me milky oil was normal when my headgaskets failed so i no longer trust what any GM stealership says............my first guess from reading the title would have been needing all new lifters but you have the 2.4 which is DOHC so i dont think that would be the problem as they are a different style and far less prone to problems...........

Carbon Black Metalic 2009 G6 GXP Coupe
Bought Oct 8 2010 with 35 miles

Mods so far: every single performance mod and a whole lot more, fastest NA G6
http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7974

1/4 mile: 13.17@ 109.23

Performance Red Metalic 2009 G6 GXP coupe
bought june 29 2012 with 3400 miles

Mods: RACE CAR- full race fuel setup and in the process of converting to RWD with a 6spd manual trans
http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13140
1/4 mile: 14.20@ 101.95
SexyG6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:35 AM   #5
geewhiz
Lifetime Member

Gallery: 9
geewhiz is on a distinguished road
Unless you know the dealership never lies then get a second opinion. We all know what a smooth running engine sounds like.
geewhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions