Fuel Injector Cleaner - Pontiac G6 Forum
Pontiac G6 Forum Pontiac G6 Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > General Maintenance
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

G6OwnersClub.com is the premier Pontiac G6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:30 AM   #1
xDayan

Gallery: 0
xDayan is on a distinguished road
Fuel Injector Cleaner

Is it safe to use? I tried some the other day because my gas mileage was going down, and it felt like I had 40+ more HP. Wondering if it was jsut my imagination, or if it really was worth the 5 bucks lol

Btw my G6 Has ~29400 miles, and is the 3.5 V6
xDayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 04:21 AM   #2
Lampoon
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Gallery: 40
Lampoon is just really niceLampoon is just really niceLampoon is just really niceLampoon is just really nice
If it has Techron in it I throw some in the tank every blue moon. Its proven to help.

My Progession
Lampoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:40 AM   #3
aLienationz
CPT

Gallery: 19
aLienationz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to aLienationz
Lucas

I was told that lucas is the best.. not sure but I to put some in yesterday a matter a fact.. also the recommended by the dealership to clean the fuel injectors every 30 thousand miles
aLienationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:45 AM   #4
badfish
Her name is Maria

badfish is on a distinguished road
I usually use Lucas as well, but Friday I felt like switchin' it up and used NOS fuel injector cleaner. Its definitely pricey. Yesterday when I backed out of my drivinway and gave it gas, I felt the difference. Then I couldnt wait to get on the road haha.
Audio- 2 10" Kicker Comp subwoofers powered by 1200 watt MA Audio Amplifier
badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #5
mekb27

mekb27 is on a distinguished road
i have always ran 93 octane in my cars, and since i have had my GTP i have. i know it states for 87. i noticed i was getting some rough idle but driving was fine. i then swapped to 87 since the cost of gas has gone up this past week and my idle has smoothed out. you need to be careful with injector clearner, it can do more harm then good. if you run good quality gas you should never need to use cleaner
Old 03-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #6
360ci

Gallery: 13
360ci is on a distinguished road
If you run Shell fuel, you won't need injector cleaner. 80% of most injector cleaners when used as directed, don't work.

Injector cleaners are similar to 'stop leak' products. If you realize you have a leak, chances are good that thickening the oil isn't going to help, but rather cause more harm than good. Some injector cleaners are similar, and as mekb27 stated, they can cause more harm than good.

Lucas is mediocre at best in terms of additives; they just hold the largest market share of product so people assume their products are effective. Marketing works in mysterious ways.

Seafoam is one of the few proven, and world tested engine cleaners on the market.
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > General Maintenance