Service Tire Monitor - Reset procedure? - Pontiac G6 Forum
Pontiac G6 Forum Pontiac G6 Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

G6OwnersClub.com is the premier Pontiac G6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
jdt141

Gallery: 0
jdt141 is on a distinguished road
Service Tire Monitor - Reset procedure?

Hi All,

I need to reset the TPMS on my wife's 08 G6. We do not have keyless entry, and the procedure for resetting the system in the owners manual says

Quote:
TPMS Matching Process for Vehicles
without Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON/RUN with the
engine off.
3. Using the Driver Information Center (DIC), press
the INFO and Set/Reset buttons at the same time
for about one second. Then press and release
the INFO button until the TIRE LEARN? message
displays.
Sadly, the "Set/Reset" button is not found anywhere else in the owner's manual, and I tried combining with other buttons on the dash. Any thoughts?
jdt141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
jdt141

jdt141 is on a distinguished road
Smile

anyone??? anyone??? bueller???
jdt141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
StLouisDave

StLouisDave is on a distinguished road
the 'set/reset' button is the bottom left button that is an arrow pointing left.

When I did mine I had to press the unlock and lock buttons at the same time with the key in the on position. horn chirped and your on you way

lets us know

Performance: CRABS 03 and FPU, Resonator Delete, RL Strut Tower Bar

Appearance: Debadged - Window Tint 35% front 18% back - Emblem Overlays - Door Sill Overlays
StLouisDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
SexyG6

SexyG6 is on a distinguished road
if its like the monsoon radio in my 08 GT and 09 GXP the "reset" button is the one used to set everything to zero (trip miles fuel econ avg mph etc) and is the button with the "enter arrow" on it

Carbon Black Metalic 2009 G6 GXP Coupe
Bought Oct 8 2010 with 35 miles

Mods so far: every single performance mod and a whole lot more, fastest NA G6
http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7974

1/4 mile: 13.17@ 109.23

Performance Red Metalic 2009 G6 GXP coupe
bought june 29 2012 with 3400 miles

Mods: RACE CAR- full race fuel setup and in the process of converting to RWD with a 6spd manual trans
http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13140
1/4 mile: 14.20@ 101.95
SexyG6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
Kniggit

Kniggit is on a distinguished road
the arrow is the the return symbol from back when you had to return a typewriter's carriage..... not to get to far off topic. But most people now associate that with enter.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:28 PM   #6
elitewings

elitewings is on a distinguished road
INFO set/reset buttons tpms relearn

I tried everything including the set/res buttons on the steering wheel. Nothing seems to trigger my tire learn mode. I already went to the owners manual and it says to (step 3) press the INFO and Set/Reset buttons at the same time for about one second. Then press and release the INFO button until the TIRE LEARN? message displays.

step 4. Press and hold the Set/Reset DIC button for approximately three seconds to start ethe TPMS learn mode.

That 4th step is when the TIRE LEARN? message appears, but i cant get that message to come on. I have a 08 G6 2.4l i dont have the keyless fob entry so thats not an option. There has got to be a way. Any thoughts? Help is much appreciated.
elitewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:48 PM   #7
TheAlien

TheAlien is on a distinguished road
If you have remote keyless entry, press the lock and unlock buttons on your remote at the same time until your horn chirps twice. Then it's a fairly long process, but an easy one.

First: Make sure you're near a air compressor.

Second: After the horn chips, go to the driver's side front tire and press the valve stem to release air from the tire until the horn beeps. This could take anywhere from ten to thirty seconds.

Third: Repeat above step on the Passenger's side Front, then Passenger's side Rear, then Driver's side Rear, in that order. The horn should chirp twice again, this signifies the learning is complete.

Last step: Re-inflate your tires to the recommended pressure and then remove the keys.

I hope this helps
TheAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:13 AM   #8
mshinall

Gallery: 24
mshinall is on a distinguished road
This process is really easy. Done it several times myself. Is pretty much a must after tire rotation. Another cool thing is that only the corner light for the tire you're checking is lit as you move around the car. Helps keep you in the right order.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
CRAB Intake Opt 3 w/FPU, Lloyds GXP floor mats, HIDs low 6000k 55w/fog 3000k 35w, LED DRLs behind lower grills, V3 Triton LED turn signal/reverse/brake, LED side markers/maps/dome/tag/trunk/high mount stop, 2 coats niteshades on tails, Tint 35% all around, Debadged (except arrows), PAC IPod and BT adapters, PowerStop D/S rotors and ceramic pads, Resonator repl w/24" cherry bomb, Racingline STB, Big 3 Upgrade, Optima Yellowtop D75/25, Blacked out arrows, chrome window trim and black dipped wheels, KYB struts and shocks, CM lowering springs, Cherry Bomb Vortex Crossflow muffler, 2.5" pipe from axle back, two 4" stainless double walled slant tips
...still working...
mshinall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions