Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Error message "Changer Parked"

16K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  broochay 
#1 · (Edited)
The battery in my 2008 G6 convertible had to be replaced last week - the positive terminal was so corroded it had to be replaced.

While we were waiting for AAA to show up, the DIC showed "Changer Parked", which is an error message I've never seen before, and it's not listed in the owners' manual. Now that I have a new battery, I still see that error message from time to time, usually when I turn the ignition or the stereo system on.

I called my dealer, and he didn't know what the message meant, but said to bring it in and he would try to clear it.

I'm hoping to get some information I can show him when I take it in, because if there's a problem, clearing the message won't solve it.

#4 ·
Here's a service bulletin.

#PIC4509A: Radio Displays Changer Parked Message - keywords battery CD display int intermittent intermittently no owners park radio - (Dec 27, 2007)

Subject: Radio Displays "Changer Parked" Message

Models: 2004-2007 Chevrolet Malibu

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Classic

2005-2008 Pontiac G6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superseded to update models and model years. Please discard PIC4509.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
A customer may comment that the radio will display a "Changer Parked" message intermittently at times, and there is NO explanation in the owner's manual for this message.

Recommendation/Instructions:
This message will display after the CD mechanism has initialized or when you manually park the CD mechanism. Initialization occurs normally upon a battery reconnect. The mechanism will unpark itself once you press the CD load button.

Note: After pressing the CD load button, you will NOT get a message saying changer unparked.

#5 ·
Reply to CruisinG6 with PIC#4509A (I tried a Quick Reply and kept getting a message to reload the page before I could reply, and couldn't figure out how to do that, so here's a new message):

Thank you!! This looks like the information I needed. I loaded six CDs into the changer, selected each in turn, turned the ignition off and left them in overnight. The error message did not reappear.

A few minutes ago, I ejected all the CDs, turned the ignition off, got out of the car, locked it, then unlocked it, got in, turned the radio off, got out, locked it, unlocked it again, and checked to be sure the message was no longer appearing. That's about as thorough a check as I can think to do, and it appears that the problem no longer exists.

I found a message on this site with a reminder that the owners' manual does say to turn the radio off while jumping the battery or damage may result, so I was afraid that might have happened. Apparently I dodged that bullet.

I'm going to call my dealer now and give him the PIC number of your message, since so many other people have reported it, and dealers seem to be unaware of it.

Glad I read your message, and glad this site exists. I hope I don't have more problems to report, but if I do, I'm glad to know which site to visit first.

Broochay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.