2005 G6 won't start.... - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

2005 G6 won't start....

A couple days ago my wife left the key on in our G6 and the battery went dead overnight. I hooked up some jumper cables but couldn't get the car to turn over at all even after being hooked up for 5-10 minutes. I hooked the battery up to a charger and got it charged back up but still no luck. I decided to take the battery out and try a different battery all together that I knew was in good working order but the car still won't turn over at all.

A friend said it may have some sort of security feature that could've been tripped and will need reset, could that be the problem? Whenever I turn the key on all the dash lights and radio light up like normal (no security light stays on or anything like that). Then when I go ahead and try to start the car all lights go out completely and the gauges cycle back and fourth (example: speedo goes from 0 to 140 and back over and over). And help would be greatly appreciated....thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Lifetime Member

Wow! I haven't heard of that, good luck.
If you don't get a helpful reply soon you might try calling a local repair shop, they might have some insight to share.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 10:08 AM

Had nearly the same problem yesterday and have detailed the event on a new thread "2009 G6 won't start EITHER...."

I have found a number of other owners with similar problems on prelim research here and on the web. Not many answers. Have you learned anything new?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in