Hard shift SES Light - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Hard shift SES Light

ok so heres the problem im having with my girlfriends car it has a hard shift and bangs into gear when going from park to reverse then reverse to drive and all those gears hit hard like it has a massive shift kit in it when i scanned it it threw a code for intake cam sensor so i replaced it and the problem went away for a while then came back so i replaced it again thinking i got a bad sensor, and that wasnt the case so i scanned again and got an accuator code. the problem is intermitten and getting worse now that the weather is getting warmer. went to GM and bought the accuator solenoid and cant find anywhere on mitchell on demand how to replace it. to do the accuator its self you have to lock the cam gears and so forth but the solenoid is just going through the valve cover and i just need to know if i have to tear down the top end or just pull the old solenoid out and install the new one or what. by the way its a 2.4l 4 cyl. anyone having the same problem? or know how to install the accuator solenoid the proper way? any help would be greatly appreciated...ps sorry for being long winded wanted to explain the whole situation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in