Gas,MPH gauges don't work. - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

Gas,MPH gauges don't work.

Well none of my gauges work. I'm able to turn the car on but it's like its not on they never move. I don't know how fast im going or how much gas I have lol. About a month ago I installed a Pioneer avh-4300dvd but i didn't use the Scosche GM13SR wiring harness I used the the regular wiring harness cause I don't have onstar and didn't care about keeping my information center. So im thinking that its happing cause of the wiring harness not being the right one. Has anyone have this happened or know why it's happing. If you can help I would appreciate it. My signal lights are also not working another thing I can think it is might be a fuse problem.

Last edited by agarcia4; 06-10-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 03:59 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Sounds like a fuse...or relay. Did you check em?

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

I'm not really car smart so I don't knoW what to check or tO look for. If u can let me know what to look for then I'll check. I remember when I was installing the DVD we had to connect the a wire to a fuse box is that where i should be looking at?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Midnight Blue GT

That's odd...but you would think if it was a fuse problem the entire gauge would work not just certain parts of it. I would re trace your steps with whatever you did with the dvd player...my guess is that your turn signal leds are blown, and the motor for your gauges are burnt out...but that's the worst case scenario

Exterior Mods: 35% tint on the front windows, 20% on the back, Intake Resonator Removed, DDM Tuning 8k HID's in High-low-fogs, RED calipers, Painted Steelies, Blacked out taillights, DE BADGED, Carbon Fiber badge overlays.

Interior Mods: Blue Dome and Map lights.

Audio/ Electrical Mods: Clarion CZ501, Clarion EQ/XOver, Rockford Fosgate 0/1 gauge amp kit, "fully Loaded" 12" FI BL in a custom slot ported box, Python 533 alarm system w/ remote start.

Performance mods : Racingline Grounding kit, Racingline Strut Bar, Racingline MMI, ECM/TCM tune.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

I went ahead and took out the Pioneer deck and installed the factory stereo and got the blinkers to work. But still no luck on the gauges so I don't know whats the problem so I'm gonna just take it in for a look.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Midnight Blue GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarcia4 View Post
I went ahead and took out the Pioneer deck and installed the factory stereo and got the blinkers to work. But still no luck on the gauges so I don't know whats the problem so I'm gonna just take it in for a look.
If i were you I would take it to a custom shop because the stealership will give it to you raw for just looking at it. And just an FYI I heard they don't have parts for the gauge cluster they sell the whole thing in its entirety and the last time I checked it was 225 if you buy it from them. When you find out whats actually wrong and you need parts just hit me up

Exterior Mods: 35% tint on the front windows, 20% on the back, Intake Resonator Removed, DDM Tuning 8k HID's in High-low-fogs, RED calipers, Painted Steelies, Blacked out taillights, DE BADGED, Carbon Fiber badge overlays.

Interior Mods: Blue Dome and Map lights.

Audio/ Electrical Mods: Clarion CZ501, Clarion EQ/XOver, Rockford Fosgate 0/1 gauge amp kit, "fully Loaded" 12" FI BL in a custom slot ported box, Python 533 alarm system w/ remote start.

Performance mods : Racingline Grounding kit, Racingline Strut Bar, Racingline MMI, ECM/TCM tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in