Right Headlight Adjustment thing broken!!! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Right Headlight Adjustment thing broken!!!

Hey guys wondering if this has ever happened to any of you. I have my HID's installed but they were not even and pretty much pointing at the ground. So I decided to twist the hexagon thing that adjusts the headlights up and down. just as I got the right headlight matched up with the left the lights just fell from the position back to the original pointing at the ground position. I guess the adjustment bracket thing must have broke. Wondering if anyone has had the same problem and if so how do you fix it or do I need to buy a whole new headlight? If that is the case I will just buy HID projector headlights. And Suggestions on which ones are the best?

2008 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe Black

Performance: Hawk HPS Street brake pads

Appearance: HID Conversion Kit for Highs, Lows and Fogs 5000k, 5% 3M Window Tint, G6 Door Sills

Audio: Monsoon 200 Watt System

Future Mods: CRABS 03 with FPU, Racingline Strut Bar, Racingline MMI's, Continental Extreme Contact DWS Tires, Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs, Power Slot Power Alloy Cryo-Treated Rotors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
I had this happen with my Eagle Eye replacements (not halos, OEM style). I aimed the headlights too high and it caused the alignment lever to pop off from the inside. If you have
OE (aftermarket manufacturer) headlights, take the headlight out, remove the dust cap and inspect the adjustment mechanism. You can see where it popped out and if you have the right tools, you can force it back into place. The space is tight so it's pretty frustrating.

I know the OEM headlights have a different adjustment mechanism so if thats the case, then I wouldn't know. Basically just remove the headlight assembly and take a look at it.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks I will try that when I have time. If I can't do it I wonder if it is covered under the bumper to bumper 3 yrs. /36,000 miles. Just so frustrating. I just got the lights in and I was just trying to get them to be raised a little. and Pop the light goes down.

If I could I would rather not get aftermarket headlights I like the stock ones but i'm getting a little cloudy moisture in my driver side headlamp. Might just order the new projection lights to help with my HIDS.

Appearance: HID Conversion Kit for Highs, Lows and Fogs 5000k, 5% 3M Window Tint, G6 Door Sills

Future Mods: CRABS 03 with FPU, Racingline Strut Bar, Racingline MMI's, Continental Extreme Contact DWS Tires, Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs, Power Slot Power Alloy Cryo-Treated Rotors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Had the whole headlight out but still was unable to get it fixed. It's a ball hinge type of thing. I am taking it to the shop tomorrow to see if they can fix it for me. If not I will just buy the projection Halo Angel Eyes.

Thanks for your help.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 11:56 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
Hey that same thing happened to me.... I was able to take the headlight out, take the bulb out then hold the headlight reflector assembly with one hand and screw the adj screw back in with the other.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in