Won't start.....No Fuel Pressure - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Won't start.....No Fuel Pressure

Won't start.....No Fuel Pressure

2007 G6 3.5

Started this past weekend while driving, it would just die, but could be restarted. Then yesterday it would not restart after it died. Now it wont start at all and no fuel pressure.

Checked fuse and swapped relay with no change.

Verified power to the connector that goes to the fuel pump, I have a constant and two key on power wires. I forgot to check the ground before I pulled the gas tank but will do that next.

After the tank was out I decided to check to see if putting 12v to the pump would turn it on and yes it started to squirt fuel, but in the car I did not have any pressure at the valve on the fuel line under the hood.

Is the fuel pump controlled by another means like crank sensor?

Last edited by firehawk; 06-22-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Lifetime Member

WOW! It could be several things but I couldn't be of much help w/o a wiring schematic.
When you turn the key "on" (from the off position) the fuel pump should run just for a second or two, did you checked the pressure at that time?

Edit;
I don't believe its a fuel issue, but thats just me trouble shooting from another city.

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.

Last edited by geewhiz; 06-22-2011 at 02:10 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

Talking

Dropped the gas tank and pulled the fuel pump out and found that the fuel pump assy was not snapped together on one side where it hinges together. Probably from a previous accident that dislodged it. The wires were then pulled tight and the connector was melted enough that the connection was intermittent until it was lost for good.

New pump assy going in today.

Also noticed one of the wires going to the tank harness has a chip in the insulation and there is corrosion coming out of it, so I will be fixing that too, must have been done on the assy line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 05:31 AM
Lifetime Member

Looks like you got it going on now!
Thanks for posting the problem with an apparent solution, its little post like this that help others.

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 02:09 PM

Car drove fine then quit. I have no fuel pressure. Took to be diagnosed. They told me fuel pump was bad cam sensor and leak in vacuum system. I bought new fuel pump installed it and car ran fine. Died later that day. Went and rented fuel pressure tester. Put on injector rail and i turn key on and it doesnt read nothing. I can hear the hum of fuel pump kicking on. I disconnected line under car and turned key on and gas came squirting out line. It wants to start but wont quite get there. I am lost. Please any help would be appreciated. 2007 pontaic g6 3.5l
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in