Really in need of help, Please - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Really in need of help, Please

I noticed today on my car that I have a gap between my hood and fender on the drivers side. Also the fender sticks out a little where it meets the drivers door. It's only on one side of the car. The passenger side doesn't have as much of a gap and appears to be normally. The passenger door & the fender is perfectly smooth (flush) on that side. It hasn't been in any accidents or anything since I've had it. Any ideas what could of caused it? I don't know if it's been like that since I got it and just noticed it or not, but I don't think so. I did hit a pot hole in it on the passenger side when I first got it that bent a wheel, but when it was checked out they said there was no frame damage. Could this just be the front end out of line or is there something else going on? Thanks for listening.

2010 G6 GT Black 41,000 miles. Under GMPP Major Guard warranty until 112,000 miles.

~Regina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Da.v3

Hitting a hole wouldnt do that.

When buying a car thats a thing I was told to check for by my uncle...

check to see all seams are even on each side of the car - thats generally a sign it has been in an accident and replaced / moved....

Id assume it was repaired and not lined up well

Black 06 GTP Coupe

Performance: Full CRABs | RacingLine street MMIs + STB

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav3 View Post
Hitting a hole wouldnt do that.

When buying a car thats a thing I was told to check for by my uncle...

check to see all seams are even on each side of the car - thats generally a sign it has been in an accident and replaced / moved....

Id assume it was repaired and not lined up well
Do you think the fender has been repaired or the frame itself? I think I should of looked it over a lot better when I got it. I guess I might need to take it to the body shop.

2010 G6 GT Black 41,000 miles. Under GMPP Major Guard warranty until 112,000 miles.

~Regina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Da.v3

Meh, I doubt its the frame...sounds like body work was done tho...could just be a defect too...not 100%

but i mean any time things are not lined up propperly or uneven gaps on one side to another is usually a sign something happened

Black 06 GTP Coupe

Performance: Full CRABs | RacingLine street MMIs + STB

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I checked the car fax which showed no accidents, but I'm assuming it just wasn't reported to them. It was a rental car from Florida which was one thing I wasn't happy about, but fleet cars is all you can get around here if you want a G6

~Regina
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 09:39 PM

there havnt been any children on bikes around it have there? ;p
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

You know I never thought about that. Do you think that could of been enough to do that? It's not dented or nothing that I can tell just scratched.

~Regina
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

Well I just looked through some pictures of the car when I first got it and it was already like that. Dav3 is right it must of been replaced and not lined up properly. I'm assuming this is something a body shop will have to fix, am I correct? Lesson learned I guess I really need to look at cars better. I just had to have it though because it was the only black one lol.

~Regina
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
Just have a body shop look at it and see if they can give you a quote or find out what's wrong. No way of knowing without looking.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in